Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 12:09 PM

64 posts, read 130,589 times

Advertisements

to see an example of what you can get in west plano ... 2509 timber cove lane, plano, tx 75093 for 624k
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 08:51 AM

117 posts, read 216,975 times
I heard the homes in Coppell are older...true?..I like that grapevine is so close to shopping and Southlake! .Can someone recommend a good ethicial realtor that is highly knowledgable of the grapevine, lewisville and surrounding area? PLEASE this is not an invitation for every realtor to give me their number!! thank you

Old 05-08-2011, 09:20 AM

53 posts, read 180,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racehorse View Post
You should also look in Castle Hills on the Lewisville/Carollton border. The schools are very good in the community and there is a great community feeling in Castle Hills. We moved to the area from Carrollton specifically for the schools and community feeling. CH is a master-planned community that will eventually have 3,000 homes. To give you an idea of how family-friendly the community is--there are two dozen themed playgrounds for children in the community. There are also tons of clubs and activities in the neighborhood. Something for everyone in Castle Hills.
We own a home in Coto De Caza and have lived in Plano for almost 10 months - transferring here for my husband's work. We have decided 99 percent to purchase in Castle Hills - I am very glad we leased here for the first year. We never even looked at CH when we flew in last July/August to look for homes.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:36 AM

Yes thank you. We also want to look in Castle Hills also...We currently live in Woodbury in Irvine. And its beautiful!! CH seems to be along the sames lines as Woodbury with lots of parks, ect.... And my husband would be working in Lewisville. I just like the idea of grapevine southlake area for quick trips to shopping...But until I see the area, I don't know for sure. How far is CH to basic shopping? I'm so bummed there is no Trader Joes!!!

Old 05-08-2011, 09:45 AM

44 posts, read 91,588 times
Cool Traders joes no worries!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutmad View Post
Yes thank you. We also want to look in Castle Hills also...We currently live in Woodbury in Irvine. And its beautiful!! CH seems to be along the sames lines as Woodbury with lots of parks, ect.... And my husband would be working in Lewisville. I just like the idea of grapevine southlake area for quick trips to shopping...But until I see the area, I don't know for sure. How far is CH to basic shopping? I'm so bummed there is no Trader Joes!!!
Dude you do not have to worry about that Traders joes just made an

announcement that they are coming to the Dallas area in the fall man lol.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:49 AM

12 posts, read 17,900 times
Highland Shores & Highland Village has everything you are looking for!

Old 05-08-2011, 12:04 PM

325 posts, read 757,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutmad View Post
I heard the homes in Coppell are older...true?..I like that grapevine is so close to shopping and Southlake! .Can someone recommend a good ethicial realtor that is highly knowledgable of the grapevine, lewisville and surrounding area? PLEASE this is not an invitation for every realtor to give me their number!! thank you
PM'd you with a strong recommendation for the Realtor that helped me with my new home purchase (remote as well, as we're relocating from the Philly area).

Old 05-08-2011, 12:17 PM

343 posts, read 806,227 times
West Plano is your best option!

It has some of the areas top schools (recgonized across the country for high SAT scores and ivy League admissions), it is close to Lewisville but also close to the amenities of Dallas, has some of the top shopping in the area (Shops at Legacy) and also very nice homes, similar to what you would find in California.

Definitely check it out

Old 05-08-2011, 02:00 PM

I appreciate the feedback with some neighborhoods but not sure if everyone read the original post. My husband would be working in Lewisville and we want his commute def. less than 20 minutes! Also we want to be very close to shopping ect which is why we are considering Grapevine...I have heard west plano is great, but conserned the commute is really 20 min. minimum..

Old 05-08-2011, 02:13 PM

621 posts, read 1,334,775 times
For one thing, with all the foreclosures you can get a $600k home for $350k now and property taxes here are insane! Flower Mound, Grapevine, SOME parts of Carrollton are very nice and shopping too..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas