Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 02:20 PM

117 posts, read 216,789 times

Advertisements

Yes, I do now about the taxes...INSANE!! but with no state income tax, its somewhat of a wash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2011, 02:49 PM

117 posts, read 216,789 times
I did some looking and really like the homes in west plano. They are more updated and more our style than many in grapevine ive seen. Now I understand the school zoning is tricky...and I see some school districts that say plano and some say lewisville... which is better? I'm more concerned right now with elementary. thanks

Old 05-08-2011, 03:35 PM

621 posts, read 1,333,721 times
You can also do Allen and McKinney 121 is a straight shot to Lewisville too

Old 05-08-2011, 04:00 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,819,718 times
As far as shopping goes as it relates to CH. There are big plans for that will make it very convenient for you in that neighborhood.

You can't go wrong in Castle Hills at your price point, honestly you might not need to look much further. Here are some of the homes, they may stretch your price point, but just look at these beauties.

Moderator cut: can only link to www.realtor.com

Future shopping etc in CH.

http://www.terremarkpartners.com/dow...g_brochure.pdf

I would second Bridlewood in Flower Mound as well, but honestly, CH really beats it in terms of location. But FM is a VERY nice town and maintained their trees very well. FM schools are also the crown-jewel of the LISD. I would keep FM earmarked as an option at the very least.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 05-09-2011 at 10:15 PM..

Old 05-09-2011, 07:13 AM

1,190 posts, read 2,636,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twincam666 View Post
You can also do Allen and McKinney 121 is a straight shot to Lewisville too
Not in 20 minutes.

Old 05-09-2011, 08:39 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,819,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutmad View Post
Yes, I do now about the taxes...INSANE!! but with no state income tax, its somewhat of a wash.
Castle Hills is a M.U.D. tax area apparently so the taxes are a bit steeper in there (approx. 2.7%) as opposed to say Flower Mound (Approx. 2.1 %).

As that home value number creeps up you will be surprised at how much that .6% makes a difference. Its my biggest problem with CH really.

Otherwise I would be done with my search because the location is hard to beat.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:00 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,260,214 times
Lewisville itself is pretty spread out and can get congested. I could take longer than 20 minutes going from end to the other. Do you know what intersection your husband will be working at?

Castle Hills has a very active HOA with lots of neighborhood functions so you should be able to make friends easily.

West Plano is a very nice too. However, again depending on where in Lewisville your husband's office would be, it could easily take longer than 20 minutes. You may consider Frisco as well, there are many nice neighborhoods that are close to the tollway and connect to 121, that could take less time than west Plano.

All the areas mentioned have stores/malls that are close and very good schools.

Naima

Old 05-10-2011, 07:28 AM

53 posts, read 180,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
Lewisville itself is pretty spread out and can get congested. I could take longer than 20 minutes going from end to the other. Do you know what intersection your husband will be working at?

Castle Hills has a very active HOA with lots of neighborhood functions so you should be able to make friends easily.

West Plano is a very nice too. However, again depending on where in Lewisville your husband's office would be, it could easily take longer than 20 minutes. You may consider Frisco as well, there are many nice neighborhoods that are close to the tollway and connect to 121, that could take less time than west Plano.

All the areas mentioned have stores/malls that are close and very good schools.

Naima
Yes, I would say so as well. In your price point you might consider the gated community of I believe Starwood? It has a very southern California feel in our opinion.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:05 AM

5,007 posts, read 15,426,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutmad View Post
We only want his commute about 20 minutes.

I don't want to drive 10 minutes to the grocery store!

Since you seem incredibly averse to spending time in the car, I think you are going to find Texas very disappointing.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:14 AM

695 posts, read 1,447,820 times
CH has two grocery stores within about a five minute drive of the neighborhood. We are within a 10-15 minute drive of Ikea, Vista Ridge Mall and The Shops of Willow Bend. I went shoe shopping at Nordstrom Rack on Sunday and that was about 15 minutes from my house. Lots of restaurants within a quick drive, lots of preschools/private schools nearby as well. They are building a Sprouts just to the south of the neighborhood--Sprouts is an organic foods store. The neighborhood is super convenient and I think you would probably get more house for the money in CH as compared to West Plano.

There is also a small shopping area within the neighborhood, and there are plans to bring in more extensive retail to the north of the neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas