Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2011, 02:11 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,661,178 times

Advertisements

First, its not me. My wife would kill after the first.
Second, I don't need to hear how bad he is. I know how bad it is.
I have a friend that just got another DUI. We all know that its screwed up. I persoanlly think he needs to be in rehap for about 6 months. He has some bi polar issues that don't help either. Sad thing is he is a great dad, and one of the smartest people I know.
I need someone that has a great reputation and background for these type of cases.
Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 02:15 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,298,950 times
Chris Lewis @ Crain-Lewis. I believe he got Snoop Dog out of jail after one of his last Dallas concerts

Dallas Criminal Defense Lawyer | Fort Worth DWI Defense Attorney | Plano Drug Charges Law Firm

Specific Crain-Lewis info on DWI's->
Dallas DWI Defense Attorney | Fort Worth Drinking & Driving Defense Lawyer | Plano Revoked License Law Firm

Old 05-03-2011, 02:34 PM

Sorry, for got this was in Plano. Collin County. Not sure if that matters or no.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:41 PM

93 posts, read 244,962 times
I had jury duty and this guy represented the defendant, a young Parkie. I didn't make it on the jury, but I heard him through jury selection (voir dire). He was pretty smooth. Looks like he was profiled in D CEO.

John Gioffredi and Associates | Dallas DWI Attorney

Old 05-03-2011, 06:25 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,240,297 times
If he's already been convicted all I can say is good luck. There have been several high profile cases involving drivers with priors who get behind the wheel and kill an innocent person. I know Dallas county jails are pretty over crowded so they tend not to lock up first timers, and sometimes even those who are in for their second of third time.

I'm not sure how Collin County will handle the issue, there are a lot of things that go into a case. I guess all you can hope for is that he doesn't get an over zealous DA. Collin County is also more conservative and therefore less likely to take pity on your friend.

I'm not for making excuses for criminals, but mental illness in some form is usually the root cause for criminal behavior. Your friend is not only going to need treatment for his alcohol problem, but for his mental illness as well.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS80 View Post
If he's already been convicted all I can say is good luck. There have been several high profile cases involving drivers with priors who get behind the wheel and kill an innocent person. I know Dallas county jails are pretty over crowded so they tend not to lock up first timers, and sometimes even those who are in for their second of third time.

I'm not sure how Collin County will handle the issue, there are a lot of things that go into a case. I guess all you can hope for is that he doesn't get an over zealous DA. Collin County is also more conservative and therefore less likely to take pity on your friend.

I'm not for making excuses for criminals, but mental illness in some form is usually the root cause for criminal behavior. Your friend is not only going to need treatment for his alcohol problem, but for his mental illness as well.
Exactly. His doctors have him on multiple meds. He is on ADD meds(at a super high does), mood stablizers, anit depresents and who knows what else. I think its too much.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:55 AM

1,533 posts, read 7,240,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrong View Post
Exactly. His doctors have him on multiple meds. He is on ADD meds(at a super high does), mood stablizers, anit depresents and who knows what else. I think its too much.

It's really bad to mix alcohol with most antidepressants, especially Lithium. The problems with lithium is that one the therapeutic dose is very close to the lethal dose, and it is also metabolized by the liver. If he is on any sort of tranquilizer like Xanax, that could be an even more dangerous combination.

He is probably using the alcohol to self medicate, but in reality its only making him worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: