Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2007, 03:21 AM

17 posts, read 63,602 times

Advertisements

If we arrive in Dallas around Xmas time would it be difficult to get children (age 2 & 3) into preschool (morning only) at short notice in the area of Richardson? Is there a risk that the good preschools will be booked up from the start of the school year? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 09:34 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,462,012 times
Maybe. In Frisco where there are kids in almost every house you have to sign up in winter of the prior year and then the only way to get a late spot is if the school is expanding.

There aren't kids in every house in Richardson, so maybe it's not such an issue. I don't know. It just depends on the school. Maybe you should call a couple of them and ask. First United Methodist Church in Richardson has a popular preschool as does Arapaho Methodist Church. Octopus Garden is more a for profit daycare (but with an excellent reputation) and you might try them.

Old 08-01-2007, 09:50 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,886,424 times
when my eldest was 3 we moved and I had no idea how hard it was going to be to get her into a preschool (this was in PA but I think it's everywhere now days)
Majority of preschools have the registration for the new fall year in Feb or march. enrolled students usually get first prioiry then siblings of current or past students and then (if it's in a church) the church members. That leaves the new residents last on the list. (Now this is for Private preschools) I amsure places like Kinder care etc... have more openings etc. Also from my expirence (3 kids been there done that!) Mornings are the most coveted spots and usually go first. (part time working moms and the moms of older school age kids) So by shifting to afternoons you may have a better chance.

Like i said I was totally amazed that preschools registered so early! We moved into our in Oct and I just figured I register her no problem! (I lucked out and got the last avail afternoon spot!) I'd stat calling and checking now esp if you find a really good one in your area.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:22 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,430,716 times
In San Diego, we had to register our kids at birth in order to get onto the waiting list for certain highly coveted pre-school programs (started at 3 yrs old)

My son will go to Beaty in Plano late August:
Beaty Early Childhood School - Campus Profile : Plano ISD

And they said there will be no problem getting him in when we register in mid-Aug. Plano seems to have alot of capacity in the public preschool system they've setup.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:33 PM

224 posts, read 777,506 times
We are moving to Plano in a few weeks. How are the preschools, such as Beaty, in the ISD? I know in the town where we live now, the public school system has a preschool program, but it is mainly high schoolers running the preschool as part of their curriculum. Is this how the Plano ISD preschools are? Also, are there special requirements to get in (such as an income requirement)? Is there a cost? Basically, what is your opinion of these preschools? Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas