Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 05:26 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,955,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout_972 View Post
There it is, the required Scarface reference of something in Houston.

Noone but you has made comparisons of Paul Quinn to Texas Southern or Prairie View. Obviously, PQC has a long ways to go, but the school seems to be moving in the right direction. It's just another example of you not being able to stomach anything in Dallas receiving positive press.

FWIW; just four years ago, TSU was on the verge of losing it's acceditation also, due to poor leadership and financial problems.

[url= given a year to improve financial situation | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle[/url]
Actually, it was kdogg who said PQ was going to be the top HBCU in the state, when it never has been i n it's history. That's why I mentioned those two schools. And yeah, I knew that about TSU. When I went to school at PV last year, all we did was make fun of TSU for that. No one knew what the hell Paul Quinn was though... We knew the colleges on the BET College Tour tho...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 06:11 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,376,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Actually, it was kdogg who said PQ was going to be the top HBCU in the state, when it never has been i n it's history. That's why I mentioned those two schools. And yeah, I knew that about TSU. When I went to school at PV last year, all we did was make fun of TSU for that. No one knew what the hell Paul Quinn was though... We knew the colleges on the BET College Tour tho...
Seems to me like the "we" at Prairie View should do more to gain knowledge of other HBCU's and support them in their stuggles, instead bringing them down with criticism.

Old 05-05-2011, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Seems to me like the "we" at Prairie View should do more to gain knowledge of other HBCU's and support them in their stuggles, instead bringing them down with criticism.
mad?

Old 05-05-2011, 06:49 AM

3,835 posts, read 4,443,155 times
Look. this thread really doesnt help anything. A little friendly banter between rival schools is one thing. Taking pot shots at one school's misfortune is something else entirely. Whether the good folks at PV and TSU want to admit it or not, the fall of Paul Quinn will have a negative effect on ALL HBCUs in the state. It's not in the interest of anyone for all to see one HBCU fall off, because sooner or later all schools will get painted with the same brush by the 'mainstream' media. And I think we all know what I'm talking about here. And before anyone starts, I dont have a dog in this fight. I'm a black man who went to TCU, but have friends from several HBCUs. Peace

Old 05-05-2011, 06:51 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,376,095 times
Quote:
mad?
^ Nope.

But, I'm perturbed that someone like yourself; who claims to have attended a HBCU, could display such ignorance and lack of support for other schools.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:39 AM

Quote:
^ Nope.

But, I'm perturbed that someone like yourself; who claims to have attended a HBCU, could display such ignorance and lack of support for other schools.
Post where I said I wanted any HBCU to fail. And about students at PV making fun of TSU for the possibility of them losing their accreditation...well, it happened. It's not like people were actually hoping for them to fail and we of course knew it was bad. Still made fun of them tho. JJG goes to PV. I'm sure he heard some of what I'm talking about.

You like to reach a lot in your posts.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:21 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,841,718 times
Quote:
Post where I said I wanted any HBCU to fail. And about students at PV making fun of TSU for the possibility of them losing their accreditation...well, it happened. It's not like people were actually hoping for them to fail and we of course knew it was bad. Still made fun of them tho. JJG goes to PV. I'm sure he heard some of what I'm talking about.

You like to reach a lot in your posts.
Do you really want to know how the students at Texas A&M University view there little brother PV A&M? Seriously, you are adding to the same ignorance of how the general public (including many blacks) views HBCU's. I never found it funny TSU was in trouble of losing it accreditation. It’s embarrassing to me and makes us look bad. Quite frankly, all HBCU's in this state have a very long way to go. None of them are ranked very high.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Do you really want to know how the students at Texas A&M University view there little brother PV A&M? Seriously, you are adding to the same ignorance of how the general public (including many blacks) views HBCU's. I never found it funny TSU was in trouble of losing it accreditation. It’s embarrassing to me and makes us look bad. Quite frankly, all HBCU's in this state have a very long way to go. None of them are ranked very high.
Actually, people at A&M don't even know what Prairie View is. Some "have heard of it" though. I use to go into BCS almost every other Thursday when I was at PV. PV is too small of a school and not on A&M's radar.

You seem to be on this moral upright phase lately tho, so I'll leave it at that...

Old 05-06-2011, 07:49 AM

3,835 posts, read 4,443,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post

To be brutally honest, I highly doubt that A&M views ANY of the HBCU's with respect. The only one I thought was decent was Howard. The rest range from average to just awful. Just my opinion.

Old 05-01-2016, 06:44 AM

155 posts, read 206,787 times
So is Paul Quinn even a HBCU anymore?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas