Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2011, 04:40 AM

3 posts, read 12,375 times

Advertisements

I would like to hear from locals from the area or those who have stayed there in the past on anything you would advise me on moving to Sherman Texas from North Dakota. I have a familiy, two kids under five and I will be a registered nurse next semester. The advice can start from crime, education, good area to live and nursing jobs. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 10:17 AM

812 posts, read 2,183,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middletonK View Post
I would like to hear from locals from the area or those who have stayed there in the past on anything you would advise me on moving to Sherman Texas from North Dakota. I have a familiy, two kids under five and I will be a registered nurse next semester. The advice can start from crime, education, good area to live and nursing jobs. Thank you.
we are moving to Sherman from the DFW area in June. Coincidentally, my wife is going to nursing school, but she's about a year behind you. Can't help too much about schools since we don't have kidos. We bought a house in what I think is considered the "west Sherman" area, which has some very nice established neighborhoods and new subdivisions too.There are a lot of medical facilities in the area. Google Sherman TX and see what you get. Good luck and welcome!

Old 05-22-2011, 11:42 AM

108 posts, read 286,869 times
My kids live in Sherman with my ex. I think that they have received a good education. I would move there but could not make the commute.
It is a safe city, and I love the older historic homes.
My kids love living in Sherman and like the schools.

Old 05-28-2011, 09:15 PM

3 posts, read 12,375 times
Thanks for the responses. Checked the two hospitals there and they have opennings but still have to check on crime and education. Thanks for taking your time to respond guys, I appreciate it.

Old 07-09-2011, 09:32 PM

14 posts, read 30,028 times
Hey all, my husband just took a job in the area and we are moving from the Memphis area. We have 2 kids ages 11, and 8. Need advice on Rentals and areas to live. Schools, etc. We need to be within 30 minutes of Sherman Denison HWY 75 area. We have visited and liked what we found, now just need to make the jump. We are thinking we should rent for a time until we get to know the area, but I do need to get kids enrolled@

Thanks in advance!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: