Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 09:14 PM

35 posts, read 100,943 times

Advertisements

I know this topic has been discussed a few times before, but I figured a little new info never hurt anybody. I am looking for veterinarian recommendations in the Far North Dallas (Galleria)/Addison/Richardson area. I really don't care THAT much about how "good" they are, since I mainly just visit for routine shots. I previously used Preston North Animal Clinic, but for the basic shots and check-up visits that I was going there for, I thought they were really expensive.

Where do you take your pets? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 09:22 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
I use the Arapaho Road Animal Clinic at Arapaho and West Shore in Richardson. I've been happy with them so far.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:32 PM

574 posts, read 1,478,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX_Guy View Post
but for the basic shots and check-up visits that I was going there for, I thought they were really expensive.!
Can't wait to see some recommendations.

Yesterday I took my dog to Highland Park Animal Hospital for what I thought would be routine shots. By the time they ran a couple of tests and x- ray to check on an old problem, 6-month supply of heartworm medicine, and the previously mentioned routine shots, my bill came to $462!!

Finally got the courage this morning to break the news to my husband. He wants me to find a vet place that doesn't have Highland Park in the name

Old 06-03-2011, 09:54 PM

686 posts, read 2,436,634 times
I have been using this place for my two dogs if I am just getting vaccinations and heartworm prevention:

Texas Pet Vax Dallas Mobile Veterinary Service

Some of these veterinarians I have been to charge an arm and a leg for the same routine shots and meds.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:36 PM

35 posts, read 100,943 times
My puppy's last check-up visit (no shots or anything else) at Preston North was $165. I thought that was pretty expensive, but maybe not. What do you think?

Old 06-04-2011, 05:21 AM

574 posts, read 1,478,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterymachinebl View Post
I have been using this place for my two dogs if I am just getting vaccinations and heartworm prevention:

Texas Pet Vax Dallas Mobile Veterinary Service

Some of these veterinarians I have been to charge an arm and a leg for the same routine shots and meds.
Thank you!!

Old 06-04-2011, 06:54 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,686,569 times
Best I have seen is Dr. Carroll at Midway Hollow. it's on Northwest Hwy just west of Midway. I volunteer for four rescue groups and know many vets and he is fab! Reasonable prices, nothing fancy about his clinic but a great vet....

Old 06-04-2011, 08:43 AM

101 posts, read 226,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mami2emily View Post
Can't wait to see some recommendations.

Yesterday I took my dog to Highland Park Animal Hospital for what I thought would be routine shots. By the time they ran a couple of tests and x- ray to check on an old problem, 6-month supply of heartworm medicine, and the previously mentioned routine shots, my bill came to $462!!

Finally got the courage this morning to break the news to my husband. He wants me to find a vet place that doesn't have Highland Park in the name
We went to MetroPaws (Metro Paws Animal Hospital), they were so good, and the price is very very reasonable! The routine 6 month check up plus some shots was $85, on the invoice says annual canine visit (2+year) physical exam is $85, and that includes the shots! Can't find the invoice for heartworm meds. I was shocked at the price. We were going to go to the Highland Park or the Katy Trail one, but after I find Metro Paws on Yelp, I decided to try them.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:03 AM

2,256 posts, read 9,761,665 times
The rabies for dogs is every 3 years now, I think that's the only vaccine you legally need to get. I also get my dog the distemper combo and she boards so she has to also get the kennel cough vaccine and with the heartworm test & meds it all adds up so quickly - throw in bloodwork and xrays .. $$$

There should be some low cost vaccination clinics around here (?), you could use that for routine care but utilize the vet for more urgent issues.

Old 06-04-2011, 09:57 AM

1,631 posts, read 4,225,208 times
I'm going to post my vet's info even though he's not in your area. Someone searching the forums for this kind of thread may still find it useful.

Breezeway Vet Clinic, Dr. Hansen. Really great family run vet clinic. Breezeway Veterinary Service Inc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas