Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 08:22 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,462,167 times

Advertisements

consider frisco and allen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 08:23 AM

409 posts, read 872,722 times
Try King Lake, west of the tollway. While the spec houses, by the Toll Brothers, are listed in the 400K range, I find it hard to believe that's the selling price. Waaaay overpriced IMO. Maybe you can make a deal. If not look for existing as there are plenty 3,000 sqft houses in West Plano your price range.

Old 06-27-2011, 10:28 PM

71 posts, read 153,475 times
Thank you all for your responses......

Old 06-27-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonegg View Post
Try King Lake, west of the tollway. While the spec houses, by the Toll Brothers, are listed in the 400K range, I find it hard to believe that's the selling price. Waaaay overpriced IMO. Maybe you can make a deal. If not look for existing as there are plenty 3,000 sqft houses in West Plano your price range.
I have been to this place. looks like this community falls in lewisville ISD even though its in plano .

Old 06-27-2011, 10:39 PM

Can any one share reviews about CB Jenny homes. I guess they were out of business some years back but they are back in constructing homes. They are building some homes in plano but fall into Frisco ISD..

How is the overall experience with them. Your responses are much appreciated.

Old 06-28-2011, 10:23 AM

119 posts, read 291,942 times
That Stockport house is in my neighborhood, Estates of Russell Creek. We moved here from California in 2006. I highly recommend this neighborhood.

The middle school is Rice, which is, along with Schimelpfenig a bit further east, the best middle school in Plano. They are rated Exemplary, which is rare for a middle school. They feed into Jasper HS (excellent) and Plano West Senior High (excellent).

Estates of Russell Creek is like a village in Plano. The HOA has two community pools, one with a private park with a nice basketball court, playground, tennis courts. The pool is large with lots of shade and music coming out of speakers. We have community events every year, like Easter egg hunts, Fall festivals, End of School parties where there are bounce houses, climbing walls, popcorn, games, etc.

This neighborhood is also right off of a huge city park called Russell Creek Park. It has a lake/pond with a fishing dock (stocked with fish), covered picnic tables with grills, playground, baseball diamonds, soccer fields, volleyball (sand), and lots of green space along a creek. I walk my dog down there and around the lake and back home and it's a 2 mile walk.

The elementary school for this neighborhood is excellent, Wyatt. The parental involvement is amazing. My kids have been going there since 2006.

All of the neighborhoods around us are great places to live, though. Be aware that north of McDermott is Frisco ISD. They have great schools too, but just be aware of the school boundaries.

Plano ISD boundary maps:
District Maps : Plano ISD

The homes here are about 15 years old, which is a good thing, in my opinion. The house I bought already has crown molding throughout, shutters throughout, a nice pool (that would cost you $40K minimum, new), hard wood floors, and landscaping. A new home requires that you build all that, and it's very expensive. At my California house (new construction), the shutters were $8K and the landscaping for the backyard was $8K, and it took forever to paint the rooms and put up ceiling fans, etc.

A 15-year old neighborhood's landscaping is mature, versus a new neighborhood where the trees are like twigs for many years.

The stereotype of Plano, West Plano particularly, is that it's full of rich, shallow, snobby people where the women never go out without lots of makeup and their $1,600 Louis Vuitton hand bag. This, for the most part, doesn't apply to my neighborhood. It's made up of a lot of down-to-eart people, in my opinion. I realize not all affluent people are shallow, I'm just addressing a stereotype of this area and I haven't really encountered it. My neighbors are from all over the country, with lots of Indians and Asians as well.

This part of Plano is a good location, in my opinion, with easy access to Frisco (Stonebriar mall and all the shopping), Fairview/Allen (east of here with a brand new mall and shopping/restaurants), Shops At Legacy (urban town center that has bars and restaurants). Being a bit inland from the expressways means we have less crime. If you look at the crime map, you can see that.

One more thing – this location has easy access to four expressways. It takes me 22 minutes to get to DFW via 121. It takes me 25 minutes to get downtown via North Dallas Tollway. I can now get to Arlington (Six Flags, Cowboys/Rangers games) in about 35 minutes via George Bush Tollway.

Frisco/McKinney/Allen don't have as many options as Plano in this regard. There is only one expressway in/out and the bottleneck is awful. Plano is a giant grid of six-lane streets surrounded by four expressways, so I don't find the traffic to be bad here at all.

Good luck.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:09 PM

225 posts, read 518,753 times
If you are really set on new construction, head up the tollway to Frisco. First Texas, Meritage, Landon etc. have homes in your budget that are selling well in the Frisco ISD which is a great school district. They have more schools with smaller student population sizes which helps with teacher to student ratios.

Also, I noticed it looks like you're in the 75080 area code right now. Canyon Creek is an excellent subdivision with one of the best elementary schools around in Prairie Creek. Older neighborhoods many times have a lot to offer that newer farther out neighborhoods cannot. Just curious if new construction is a deal breaker for you.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:43 AM

3,820 posts, read 8,742,550 times
If you want Plano schools but new construction, you might want to consider Murphy. Feeds to Plano East.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:22 PM

33 posts, read 72,108 times
checkout 6405 Brandon court in west plano for a great deal. it is 14 yrs old nice house with few cosmetic flaws but price is a steal for that great community of expensive homes.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:39 AM

Cb Jeni homes are constructing new homes in West Plano with Frisco ISD Schools can any one tell me about this builder
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas