Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2011, 09:33 PM

554 posts, read 1,193,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDat View Post
I'm guessing you're driving through during the day. Go to Anvil Pub, La Grange, July Alley, Twisted Root, Cane Rosso, or Tucker's Blues in Deep Ellum on a Friday or Saturday night. It's going to be far from empty. Throw in what's going on at Club Dada, Trees, Prophet Bar, and there is a bit of a scene once again.

Anvil Pub - Deep Ellum - Dallas, TX

LaGrange - Deep Ellum - Dallas, TX

July Alley - Deep Ellum - Dallas, TX

Il Cane Rosso

Twisted Root Burger Company*|*

Tucker's Blues
How do you like Tucker's Blues? The owner, Wanda Tucker, was in my office one time and she gave me her business card and said that my coworkers and I should stop by. That was almost 6 months ago but I still have it in my wallet. I have been wanting to go there. Thanks for the post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 11:11 PM

2,169 posts, read 5,159,652 times
I haven't been to Tucker's in awhile but I had a good time the last time I was there. It's nice to see a place re-connecting with the area's often neglected musical heritage. I hope it's able to keep a crowd coming.

Old 06-30-2011, 11:24 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,814,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDat View Post
And Fort Worth now has the growing restaurant scene along Magnolia Avenue and restaurant/bar scene along W. 7th, neither far from downtown. It'll be interesting to see how these affect downtown Fort Worth over the next few years.
Also Near Southside is growing rapidly too in Fort Worth....

Old 06-30-2011, 11:33 PM

As far as I am concerned the Bass family in my opionion is holding the city back. They are directly responsible for the street car proposal being shot down because it benefited other areas outside of downtown Fort Worth.

Old 07-01-2011, 07:28 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,911,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
The ring of attractions around Downtown Dallas (which neither Fort Worth nor most other cities can match) such as Deep Ellum / Expo Park / Fair Park, Lakewood, The Cedars/Southside, Design District, McKinney Avenue, Knox-Henderson and Lower Greenville connected by Ross, and the Trinity River redevelopment are growing together and will eventually merge with downtown. Most would already include Uptown as part of downtown in this as the bridge park is completed.

When this all happens we will have one huge urban area which may or may not be called 'downtown'.
You might want to slow down there, buddy. I do agree with your last line, and you are seeing that anyway. Like when I go to the AAC for an event, people I hear say "we're in Downtown" all the time. They don't know what Victory Park or Uptown is. It's just Downtown Dallas to most people around DFW. They see big buildings and think "downtown".

Old 07-01-2011, 07:55 AM

469 posts, read 884,340 times
I miss Red Blood Club SOOOOOOO MUCH. It was where Tucker's is now.

Old 07-01-2011, 09:01 AM

1,245 posts, read 3,428,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
You might want to slow down there, buddy. I do agree with your last line, and you are seeing that anyway. Like when I go to the AAC for an event, people I hear say "we're in Downtown" all the time. They don't know what Victory Park or Uptown is. It's just Downtown Dallas to most people around DFW. They see big buildings and think "downtown".
Exactly. In fact look at this map of "Downtown Dallas Districts" at the bottom of the wikipedia page for the farmers market area. I have heard everything in that box called downtown, not just the hgihlighted places. Those of us on CD are much more precise in our use of terms. I think this is probably what the average resident or visitor who lives north of NorthWest Highway thinks of as "downtown."

Old 07-01-2011, 02:59 PM

954 posts, read 1,545,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
As far as I am concerned the Bass family in my opionion is holding the city back. They are directly responsible for the street car proposal being shot down because it benefited other areas outside of downtown Fort Worth.
But isn't that far more than offset by all they've done for the rapid and stunning development of Fort Worth ?

Old 07-01-2011, 03:12 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,529,066 times
Before the Basses, you didn't go into downtown unless you worked there or your parents were taking you ice skating at Tandy.

Either way, you were gone by sundown if you valued your life.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
But isn't that far more than offset by all they've done for the rapid and stunning development of Fort Worth ?
The revitalization of downtown Fort Worth is done. The only substantial addition to Fort Worth skyline was the Omni Hotel. Austin on the other hand has seen a complete transformation in its skyline. We are still waiting on the TRV and uptown to get rolling with some substantial development. The only new we keep hearing about the project is the city messing with the river and its levees itself but the development around the river has yet to happen.

We are still waiting for development like this around the river. .
http://www.swf.usace.army.mil/pubdata/notices/CentralCity/supplemental/image_large.jpg (broken link)

http://www.uptownfortworth.com/images2/sketch11.gif (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas