U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 05:42 PM

25,163 posts, read 50,126,055 times

Advertisements

The Lizard Lounge packs the house with their techno and gothic parties on a weekly basis.

The art walks and art festivals a few times each year pack the streets with visitors.

There are some Mexican restaurants, coffee shops, and other concert venues in Deep Ellum. There is an art park full of murals, too.

It's nice if you live in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbaHubba1 View Post
Where? Everytime I drive through I'm constantly reminded of the empty buildings and for lease for sale signs. One day a business is open the next day it's closed. Theres nothing there but a tattoo shop, a goth shop, a barbecue joint, Lizard Lounge, 7-Eleven, and a bar. Welcome to Deep Ellum.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 05:46 PM

25,163 posts, read 50,126,055 times
I'm talking about nightclubs not restaurants. We can go anywhere for Tex-Mex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Pepe and Mito are what, German?

Old 06-28-2011, 09:56 PM

2,175 posts, read 4,641,835 times
Quote:
Where? Everytime I drive through I'm constantly reminded of the empty buildings and for lease for sale signs. One day a business is open the next day it's closed. Theres nothing there but a tattoo shop, a goth shop, a barbecue joint, Lizard Lounge, 7-Eleven, and a bar. Welcome to Deep Ellum.
I'm guessing you're driving through during the day. Go to Anvil Pub, La Grange, July Alley, Twisted Root, Cane Rosso, or Tucker's Blues in Deep Ellum on a Friday or Saturday night. It's going to be far from empty. Throw in what's going on at Club Dada, Trees, Prophet Bar, and there is a bit of a scene once again.

Anvil Pub - Deep Ellum - Dallas, TX

LaGrange - Deep Ellum - Dallas, TX

July Alley - Deep Ellum - Dallas, TX

Il Cane Rosso

Twisted Root Burger Company*|*

Tucker's Blues

Old 06-28-2011, 10:14 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,145,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I'm talking about nightclubs not restaurants. We can go anywhere for Tex-Mex.
The whole reason Deep Ellum is transitioning into a a viable area agian is because they AREN'T trying to be a just a nightclub destination anymore. My god drive by Twisted Root at lunchtime, I can't believe anyone gets in and out in time to be back at work without getting in trouble. Besides, if there were really a market for a hispanic/mexican themed nightclub in Deep Ellum, there would be one.

Old 06-29-2011, 07:24 AM

2,118 posts, read 5,892,544 times
Quote:
I lived in a loft there from 2006-2008 and there were lots of places to go and even more are open now. Some of my favorite places were....

Adairs: great burgers and great live music with cheap drinks in the evenings.
Sols taco lounge: good tex mex
Twisted root: best burger in dallas
Angry Dog: Great food and a fun place to have a few drinks
Bakers ribs: awesome BBQ

Old 06-29-2011, 08:50 AM

956 posts, read 1,374,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Fred Norris View Post
not really. downtown fort worth was selected by espn only because the city started aggressively recruiting espn in 2010. espn brass said themselves that they'd never been courted like that by any city for any big event.
ESPN overwhelmed by a sales pitch ? That's hilarious because they are the ultimate spinners in the sports world. No I think they located their anchor crew/operation in the urban-center that made the most business sense, and that's why it's so tough for downtown Dallas to compete effectively against it's sibling rival.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:10 AM

1,519 posts, read 4,918,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBaker488 View Post
ESPN overwhelmed by a sales pitch ? That's hilarious because they are the ultimate spinners in the sports world. No I think they located their anchor crew/operation in the urban-center that made the most business sense, and that's why it's so tough for downtown Dallas to compete effectively against it's sibling rival.
Fort Worth had their "Touchdown Fort Worth" team court ESPN. While Dallas stayed by the agreement to make it a "North Texas" Superbowl. (Even though everyone in the country thought it was Dallas).

"It was nice to be wanted," said Stephanie Druley, the ESPN senior coordinating producer who helped make the selection.

But Druley had to be convinced. Early on, she planned to locate in Dallas, near the NFL's headquarters location. She would have looked at Fort Worth, just as she looked at Grapevine, Highland Park and other sites.

But Fort Worth's outreach, including a trip to ESPN headquarters, raised awareness and made sure that Sundance got a good hearing. Dinner in Fort Worth with Nolan Ryan and Gary Patterson (and spouses) helped.

Fort Worth rewrites the Super Bowl playbook | Cowboys Stadium | Latest news and video on the ... (http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/07/27/2365641/fort-worth-rewrites-the-super.html - broken link)

Old 06-29-2011, 09:28 AM

2,118 posts, read 5,892,544 times
I bet they regret havign all those ESPN shows outside in the below freezing temps....lol

Old 06-29-2011, 02:49 PM

956 posts, read 1,374,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonpl View Post
Fort Worth had their "Touchdown Fort Worth" team court ESPN. While Dallas stayed by the agreement to make it a "North Texas" Superbowl. (Even though everyone in the country thought it was Dallas).

"It was nice to be wanted," said Stephanie Druley, the ESPN senior coordinating producer who helped make the selection.

But Druley had to be convinced. Early on, she planned to locate in Dallas, near the NFL's headquarters location. She would have looked at Fort Worth, just as she looked at Grapevine, Highland Park and other sites.

But Fort Worth's outreach, including a trip to ESPN headquarters, raised awareness and made sure that Sundance got a good hearing. Dinner in Fort Worth with Nolan Ryan and Gary Patterson (and spouses) helped.

Fort Worth rewrites the Super Bowl playbook | Cowboys Stadium | Latest news and video on the ... (http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/07/27/2365641/fort-worth-rewrites-the-super.html - broken link)
So your explanation for the reason FTW landed the ESPN operation was they out-pitched Dallas ? Wow, then Dallas is even in more trouble than I realized. If that city gets knocked around by it's North Texas competitor
in PR battles, Dallas you got a problem.

Old 06-29-2011, 04:35 PM

16,092 posts, read 37,928,010 times
Red Room opening Red Room | Sipping Beers Backstage in Deep Ellum | Dallas | DAL | Main Street District | Bar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas