Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 04:32 PM

227 posts, read 529,105 times

Advertisements

Second bomb threat note found at Highland Park High prompts
early release for students | Park Cities Blog
Second bomb threat note found at Highland Park High prompts early release for students | Park Cities Blog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 07:27 PM

2,346 posts, read 6,926,513 times
Some bozo did this at Plano East a couple of years ago and got arrested. He's lucky he hadn't quite turned 18, or he'd have been rung up on terroristic threats, rather than juvie.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:13 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,097,598 times
I remember someone phoned in a bomb threat at PSHS back in the 90's when I was a junior. Never heard if they caught the person or not, we all got out of school early that day during finals.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:39 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
I didn't go to Hillcrest but a lot of my neighborhood friends did; I remember them mentioning that the school was evacuated more than once for bomb threats that obviously turned out to be nothing, so this level of panic is nothing new. I also recall reading in the paper about the police looking for one of the hoaxers from Hillcrest who phoned in a bomb threat. That was over 20 years ago.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:26 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,295,536 times
We had "bomb threats" at HP every year in the 1990's. It was always fun- a short day!

However-- That was before Columbine, VA Tech, Newtown, etc. While those were gun incidents and not bombs in schools, none of this behavior can be dismissed as "senior pranks" (or rival school pranks) anymore. Times have changed and kids should know these so-called pranks are no laughing matter. Now if they want to tp Dr Moran's house or set a bunch of mice loose during the senior play or all jump into the school's pool during 7th period (aka "classic" HP traditional pranks), more power to them. But no guns, knives, bombs, hit lists, or any other activity that incites mass paranoia (whether the kids are worried or just their parents & educators).

Old 01-19-2013, 02:37 PM

812 posts, read 2,183,874 times
If this kid or these kids get caught, their rich parents will hire the most expensive lawyers to get them a slap on the wrist. Then buy them Mustang GT convertibles to reward them for getting off with no jail. And head off to the Dallas Country Club to have a fine meal and talk about how wonderful life is in HP, UP, and PH.

Dallas can be so shallow. Sorry, not all of it, but some of it.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:51 AM

827 posts, read 1,672,576 times
IF these "children" were charged as adult and fined or jailed as adults then they would find out how stupid it was If mommy and daddy can afford it have em reinburse the school;, PD and FD for cost responding to fake calls

It costs money in manpower and time on equipment. Cruisers and fire apparatus require engines running while on scene burning costly fuel and wear and tear on it as well as tieing up manpower which may be useful elsewhere.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:29 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,085,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggolf View Post
If this kid or these kids get caught, their rich parents will hire the most expensive lawyers to get them a slap on the wrist. Then buy them Mustang GT convertibles to reward them for getting off with no jail. And head off to the Dallas Country Club to have a fine meal and talk about how wonderful life is in HP, UP, and PH.

Dallas can be so shallow. Sorry, not all of it, but some of it.

Dallas is a very shallow place. No need to apologize for stating the truth. Dallas is phony, shallow, uninspiring. Which is just another reason I have chosen not to waste anymore of my time or money there.

I don't think the Bomb threats are funny. And most of you are correcct, being Dallas, if they DID catch one then chances are they would not be able to do much if anything about it. Ultimately we have to ask, where are the parents? But this being Dallas, I really don't want to know.

Maybe next time it happens, they should lock the doors, keep everyone inside, announce it to the students and make everyone stay put. The parents would get into a crying fit, say that the school is doing something unsafe, as for the kids doing this, by not getting out of taking a test for which they are ill prepared, by not getting the reaction they deserve, they probably won't bother the next time.

Old 01-22-2013, 04:39 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times
Hey wait a minute the bomb threat(s) was not in Dallas....

Old 01-23-2013, 09:18 AM

812 posts, read 2,183,874 times
"Where are the parents?" Daddy's downtown at a big legal firm making 7 figures. Mom's either at a spa getting her toenails done or at North Park Mall getting new clothes with her personal shopper.

All stereotypes about Dallas are pretty close. Sorry but it's true.

I made a mistake about the law-breaking kids getting Mustangs. They'll get either a Lexus or BMW. Fords are too low class for the Park Cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas