Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 11:14 AM

617 posts, read 1,042,036 times

Advertisements

Agreed that it gets nicer, the closer you get to the country club and Whole Foods (i.e, towards the east-northeast. IMHO staying the northeast side of Beacon is better, and staying on the northeast side of Skillman is best.

Agreed on the craziness of the multiple street grids. For example, the winding path taken by Hudson St. between Gaston and Greenville is completely confusing! It's interesting historically though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2012, 06:28 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
I think the old Lake Highlands area east of White Rock is a better bet for me...not much in Lakewood in my price range.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:20 AM

743 posts, read 1,320,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I also drove Peavy from Lake Highlands to E. Mockingbird and some of the streets off there looked promising. I'm looking to both move up the ladder and move closer in, but I won't make a move unless I can get into an area at least as nice as my current neighborhood, but with more potential for growth. Richardson is growing, but more slowly than a lot of close-in neighborhoods.
IMO the potential for growth over there is off Peavy between Lake Highlands Dr and Garland Rd (Lake Park & Eastwood). The run down old retail strips are being rehabbed into some top notch restaurants and bars. Teardowns were on the verge just before the recession and a couple have popped up in the last year or so (though they're nothing special). The lots and square footage are also bigger than in Old Lake Highlands typically.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considering Coming Back View Post
IMO the potential for growth over there is off Peavy between Lake Highlands Dr and Garland Rd (Lake Park & Eastwood). The run down old retail strips are being rehabbed into some top notch restaurants and bars. Teardowns were on the verge just before the recession and a couple have popped up in the last year or so (though they're nothing special). The lots and square footage are also bigger than in Old Lake Highlands typically.
So Lake Park Estates, I guess? Where's Eastwood? I see a neighborhood on the map being referred to as Lochwood but no Eastwood.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:31 AM

743 posts, read 1,320,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
So Lake Park Estates, I guess? Where's Eastwood? I see a neighborhood on the map being referred to as Lochwood but no Eastwood.
Yes, Lake Park Estates. Eastwood is between Lake Highlands and Lake Gardens (you can see it on Google Maps at certain levels). Lochwood is on the other (east) side of Easton. Lochwood is nice, but values are not rising there as quickly as they are closer to the lake.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Considering Coming Back View Post
Yes, Lake Park Estates. Eastwood is between Lake Highlands and Lake Gardens (you can see it on Google Maps at certain levels). Lochwood is on the other (east) side of Easton. Lochwood is nice, but values are not rising there as quickly as they are closer to the lake.
Good to know...right now I'm not committed to moving, I just want to get a feel for what's out there and what my options are. There aren't many areas in Dallas that I like, but I also do not want to move further out so if I do move it's going to be towards downtown, not away from it. I'm currently in Richardson. I like it and I love my neighborhood, but I also want to move up the ladder eventually!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas