Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 12:28 PM

23 posts, read 345,266 times

Advertisements

I am looking for a good barber shop just for hair trimming and making the hair even in both sides. I'd appreciate if someone share his/her experience in the north dallas area with barber shops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2007, 06:03 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,433,414 times
Supercuts in West Plano.

Ps, even a bad barber shop needs to be able to trim your hair even on both sides. Seems like pretty fundamental haircut stuff....

Old 05-18-2007, 09:47 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
I read about this awhile back. Sounds interesting.
http://www.faceformen.com/

I figured all one really needed to do to have a VERY successful business for mens haircuts was open up in or near a mall (basically somewhere to get your hair taken care of and hang out w/ other guys while your wives/girlfriends shop) and have a huge bar w/ beer on tap, a cigar lounge and lots and lots of big screen tv's all over all on channels that show nothing but sports & car shows. Of course the "barbers" would all look they should be working at Hooters

So, do I have a great concept or what?

Old 05-18-2007, 10:06 PM

313 posts, read 1,716,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socketz View Post
Supercuts in West Plano.

Ps, even a bad barber shop needs to be able to trim your hair even on both sides. Seems like pretty fundamental haircut stuff....

That really made me laugh.. lol you are right though

Old 05-18-2007, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOK222 View Post

That really made me laugh.. lol you are right though
I mean, a man goes to the barber shop and expects them to cut both sides of his hair right.

"Yo man, you done, looks like you missed this side"

I miss the gal I used to go to because she knew how to tame my hair and make it lay right....now because I don't know anyone here (except dozens of coworkers, customers and my Realtor), I have to go to supercuts, which is ok, but I have lumps in my hair where they didn't thin it correctly. They did get the lumps symmetric though, left lump matches the right one......little har gel and a good patting down, heck, you'd never know they were there....

That's how we roll in the burbs...

Old 05-18-2007, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I read about this awhile back. Sounds interesting.
http://www.faceformen.com/

I figured all one really needed to do to have a VERY successful business for mens haircuts was open up in or near a mall (basically somewhere to get your hair taken care of and hang out w/ other guys while your wives/girlfriends shop) and have a huge bar w/ beer on tap, a cigar lounge and lots and lots of big screen tv's all over all on channels that show nothing but sports & car shows. Of course the "barbers" would all look they should be working at Hooters

So, do I have a great concept or what?
hell of an idea Mom, that would WORK!

Old 05-18-2007, 10:28 PM

lol

about 10 years ago I started shaving my head and have not went to a barber since.. unless it was friends and it was to talk trash and hang out..

Quote:
I mean, a man goes to the barber shop and expects them to cut both sides of his hair right.

"Yo man, you done, looks like you missed this side"

I miss the gal I used to go to because she knew how to tame my hair and make it lay right....now because I don't know anyone here (except dozens of coworkers, customers and my Realtor), I have to go to supercuts, which is ok, but I have lumps in my hair where they didn't thin it correctly. They did get the lumps symmetric though, left lump matches the right one......little har gel and a good patting down, heck, you'd never know they were there....

That's how we roll in the burbs...

Old 05-19-2007, 07:37 AM

Old 05-19-2007, 09:27 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
LOL!!!!!!!!! That is why they tell ya to sit still. Poor kid. Guess he was not happy w/ getting his new summer do.

Old 05-19-2007, 05:46 PM

Quote:
LOL!!

was this a "SuperCut?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: