Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 09:22 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
You will find a lot of snobbish replies that think anything north of the Bush Tollway is like crossing the 38th parrallel. There are a lot of nice apartment communities in the area. I live just east in McKinney, go to church in Prosper, work in Frisco, so I know the area very well.

Prosper has boomed this past decade from a small farming community of less than 1,000 to a prosperous "ex-urb" of close to 10,000. The apartment community you are looking at is the only one in Prosper, is a nice community, but still feels a little out of the ordinary for its surroundings. Prosper has a lot of nice estate sized neighborhoods, some more standard suburban TX subdivisions, golf courses, old tiny main street but is very undeveloped in most aspects. It does feel very rural for the most part.

The entrance to the community is only 5 mins max (less if you catch the light at Preston green) to the northernmost extension of the Dallas Tollway, so whoever above mentioned it would be 30 minutes just to get to the Tollway is grossly uninformed. You will be about 5 mins the other direction on 380 to a super Walmart, so getting the bread and milk won't be a day trip either.

There are several nice complexes not far away in both McKinney and Frisco that you might want to look at as well in areas that are slightly more developed. The large Stonebridge Ranch development in McKinney is not far away but closer to some of the amenities that people here seem to be concerned that you will be too far from. I currently rent a 2 bed 2 bath in mckinney for half of what you are looking at but it is a 70s era complex short on a lot of the amenities you are looking for. My kids call it the "ghetto" but they are living with mom in Stonebridge Ranch and don't really understand what a true ghetto is, lol.

Prosper is a great town, but it is primarily a neighborhood of large estates, great schools and small town life. If that is what would interest you, the complex is new and should meet your expectations. I personally would look a little closer in at Frisco or McKinney however.
Excuse me but it is not snobby to point out that Prosper is, in fact, not North Dallas. It is north OF Dallas. North Dallas is the northern part of...you guessed it...Dallas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2011, 09:45 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,680,430 times
Good point....Prosper is NOT 30 minutes from the tollway.From CVs on Preston rd smack in the middle of Prosper it could be about 5 minutes max....

Old 07-20-2011, 06:30 AM

325 posts, read 757,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Excuse me but it is not snobby to point out that Prosper is, in fact, not North Dallas. It is north OF Dallas. North Dallas is the northern part of...you guessed it...Dallas.
Northern suburb of Dallas. When I lived in the Philly area, everyone always referred to our area as the northwest suburbs of Philly, never northwest Philly, as that could have many bad connotations....

Old 07-20-2011, 09:41 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,463,955 times
Are the apartment dwellers in Prosper treated like loser 2nd class citizens by the rest of the town like what happens in Frisco?

Old 07-20-2011, 09:42 AM

17 posts, read 29,726 times
Thank you to everyone for their input, it has prompted me to reevaluate locating to Prosper. Am now looking in the Plano & Richardson area and have emailed an apartment locator service for assistance.

I have read a ton of reviews on dozens of apartment complexes and just like anything else it is a matter of opinion... some good and some bad. The issue is we all have different expectations and while something may be acceptable to one person it is disgusting to another.

Relocating to someplace you have no knowledge of is difficult however when I moved to Costa Rica I didn't know anyone or have a clue as to where to live. I found a beautiful place within a week of being there.

This forum is a valuable tool and I am pleased it's here. I am sure I'll be posting more inquiries and follow-ups in the near future.

Thanks again!!!

Old 07-20-2011, 10:20 AM

1,533 posts, read 7,239,812 times
Frisco was too far out 10 years ago, and Plano was too far out 20 years ago.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:32 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickBlaineCR View Post
Attempting to narrow my search before coming to Dallas to check places out.

Anyone have experience or knowledge of Mansions of Prosper? It looks nice from their web site.

Other suggestions for the North Dallas area appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance.
This is across from North Dallas High School:

The Mondrian Cityplace Dallas Apartments - Apartments in Dallas, TX (http://www.zrsapartments.com/themondrianatcityplace/dallas-tx-apartments.asp - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas