Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 10:12 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times

Advertisements

That magazine, along with their readers is hugely New York City centric.

Take it with a grain of salt....

It's not so much measuring "rude"....but how much crap and pettiness New Yorkers are able to get away with from the staff on vacation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 10:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,077 times
Ive never took these things seriously or payed attention to these types of things. When people compare cities based on people or how nice or rude they are I usually dont judge a city by that there is always rude people and nice people in every city just my opinion

Old 07-20-2011, 10:49 AM

1,518 posts, read 3,055,125 times
I wonder if they had an expectation of Dallas being very polite when they came here and that made it seem like Dallas was ruder than it actually was.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:41 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
Well more than 10, but Boston and Dallas hand in hand in the top 10...In the Northeast this is consider a badge of honor. ; )

America's Rudest Cities - Articles | Travel + Leisure
Which is probably why the northeast is very well represented on that list.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:42 PM

1,518 posts, read 5,268,294 times
That magazine has never been kind to Dallas. The city is consistently at the bottom of the list on anything from Travel & Leisure. I think it rated us the ugliest city in America (out of 50). Seriously? The city of the famous Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader is the ugly? Anyway, I think the rag is biased.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:43 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
Man, they really had nothing nice to say about Dallas. It was the only city on the list that they didnt highlight anything good about. Even Atlanta and Houston got some good mentions, nothing but hate for D town from T&L.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:56 PM

670 posts, read 2,998,208 times
Well my experiences with the cities listed on there that I've been is Atlanta is the RUDEST by far. Orlando (visiting Disney obviously) everyone was very nice, except for obnoxious tourists which were obviously tourists. I've never been treated rudely in LA either, but on IN MY EXPERIENCE as far as consistency, I will ALWAYS be treated rudely in Atlanta and it's surrounding areas. So much for Southern hospitality eh? Hell I thought I was treated like a queen in Philadelphia...so maybe I'm just lucky.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:38 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,816,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USA_Mom View Post
Well my experiences with the cities listed on there that I've been is Atlanta is the RUDEST by far. Orlando (visiting Disney obviously) everyone was very nice, except for obnoxious tourists which were obviously tourists. I've never been treated rudely in LA either, but on IN MY EXPERIENCE as far as consistency, I will ALWAYS be treated rudely in Atlanta and it's surrounding areas. So much for Southern hospitality eh? Hell I thought I was treated like a queen in Philadelphia...so maybe I'm just lucky.
It's all subjective..Sometimes you get back what you put out there, not to say your rude, just people in general.. But none of this one city is worse than the other amounts to a whole lot with the exception of a few laughs at how they come up with the methodology.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:44 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,816,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Which is probably why the northeast is very well represented on that list.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:46 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,947,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeh19468 View Post
I've been here three weeks, and maybe Dallas is #10, as I haven't visited enough other cities for extended periods of time to comment, but the people here have been very nice so far (other than a few snobbish online entities). However, LA is rude, but having lived in both places, I have a hard time believing that Philly is behind them and New York. Maybe, NYC, but Philly is definitely rude, crude, and worse than LA..

Once you get past the first 4 or 5 on the list, the others are far below them relatively speaking....
You think LA is rude? I found LA to have some of the most laid-back and chill people I have ever met. Aggressive and fast on the freeways though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas