Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2011, 10:40 AM

574 posts, read 1,478,452 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My daughter will be turning 13 at the end of July! The few girls she has met are all out of town until the beginning of the school year, so she will be celebrating with family. Both sets of grandparents will be here to celebrate with her.

Looking for some ideas to celebrate her special birthday. I am sad that she will not be able to celebrate with her BFFs so I would like to make her day extra special.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2011, 01:54 PM

621 posts, read 1,333,211 times
Great Wolf Lodge?

Old 07-22-2011, 02:35 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,295,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twincam666 View Post
Great Wolf Lodge?
Don't know any 13-year-olds, do you?!

Hmm, what is she interested in? Some ideas-

I think Guys & Dolls runs at Fair Park Summer Musicals until the end of the month.

Top Golf is fun - its on Park Lane & Abrams. There's also mini golf, arcade, etc there too.
TopGolf Dallas | The Premier Golf Entertainment Complex

Or 300 in Addison. A non-grungy bowling alley that actually has good food.
300 Dallas - Bowling. With a Twist.

Dave & Buster's is always a family favorite.

Or a girly mom-daughter-grandmothers outing for manicures & pedicures with a family dinner afterwards to include the "menfolk"?

Old 07-22-2011, 02:42 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,872,645 times
Great Wolf would be good if she was turning 8, but 13 is WAY too old for it. Gaylord Texan, and its new waterpark, would be more cool for a 13-year old.

How about going to the Magic Time Machine for dinner? It's in Addison and kids that age LOVE it!

Old 07-22-2011, 02:56 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,887,311 times
^yep
No way! my girls have been and even my 11 year does not want to go back.
Great Wolf is geared toward younger kids.

I am looking at a night at the Gaylord with my middle daughter and niece (both 14) and sister, the girls are super excited due to the more "grown up" atmosphere.

mani/pedis with grandma was always a special time for my girls. They still talk about Nana taking them and she recently passed away.
Then you could do a nice dinner downtown.

My sister had a blow-up water slide brought in (like a bounce house..big) for my nieces 14th party and the girls all had a great time hanging in the back yard with music and a cookout.

Is there a good band she likes, that you can tolerate? Last year for my eldest 16th we went and saw Brad Paisley (the concert was on her actual b-day) She loved it...I even got the radio station there to give her a backstage pass to get a photo taken.

Old 07-23-2011, 06:16 AM

574 posts, read 1,478,452 times
Thank you for the suggestions!! I am looking into Magic Time Machine for our dinner place...sounds like a fun place and something she's never been to before...and that all of us can enjoy. And mani/pedis with the grandmas would be a great way to start her day. We also have tix to Dralion on Friday night so it will be a very special 24-hour birthday celebration. Love it! Thanks again.

Old 07-23-2011, 08:48 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,481,511 times
Dralion is a great plan....sounds like you have very good ideas yourself!

You could go and search for some of the food trucks - Ssahm BBQ or Nammi. I just ate at the Nammi truck last night at Studio Arts. It was GREAT!!! They post their schedules each week for locations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: