Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2010, 08:39 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,614,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney lee douglas View Post
Speaking of Youngblood's....When my family went on vacation to Carlsbad Caverns in the 1970's there was a Youngblood's at the eating area just off the great Room where we had a box lunch.
BLD
My mother used to do her grocery shopping at the A&P in Casa View every Thursday night. No good grocery stores in Garland at that time, I guess. A special treat was in store for us kids about once a month, when they would stop by and get boxes of Youngblood's fried chicken for us, so she wouldn't have to cook. That stuff was the best stuff in the world to me back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2010, 02:30 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,239,247 times
It must have been a thing to put fireplaces in apartments in the 60's and 70's. There used to be another complex on Fair Oaks that had fireplaces in many of the units. They tore that one down a few years ago as well to make way for Conrad HS. Looks like they also tore down another complex at Fair Oaks and Ridgecrest and built a middle school there.

I haven't been down Fair Oaks in ages, I might not even recognize it anymore.

Old 06-25-2010, 02:43 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,817,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS80 View Post
It must have been a thing to put fireplaces in apartments in the 60's and 70's. There used to be another complex on Fair Oaks that had fireplaces in many of the units. They tore that one down a few years ago as well to make way for Conrad HS. Looks like they also tore down another complex at Fair Oaks and Ridgecrest and built a middle school there.

I haven't been down Fair Oaks in ages, I might not even recognize it anymore.
I remember when Fair Oaks was a little 2-lane country road that was just unoccupied bottomland around the creek. The only improvement in sight was a little baseball field on the north side.

Last edited by PanTerra; 06-25-2010 at 03:37 PM..

Old 06-25-2010, 03:29 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
It should have stayed that way! I remember that too...

Old 07-15-2010, 12:27 AM

1 posts, read 4,318 times
spanish gallion was on lemmon ave and burned down , my grand parents resturant e mail me for more [email]michellejacks@gmail.com[/email]

Old 08-08-2010, 12:32 AM

1 posts, read 4,184 times
Remember Seven Seas (kinda like Sea World)? Lion Country Safari? Going to the water slides? Stopping on the side of some major highway and going down the super slide on a burlap sack? At Northtown Mall - Jett's Petting Zoo would come from time to time? Young Ages at Northtown Mall with all the cool staircases?
Twin Rivers Miniature Golf in Ricardson?

Old 08-11-2010, 02:15 PM

104 posts, read 421,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalls View Post
Remember Seven Seas (kinda like Sea World)? Lion Country Safari? Going to the water slides? Stopping on the side of some major highway and going down the super slide on a burlap sack? At Northtown Mall - Jett's Petting Zoo would come from time to time? Young Ages at Northtown Mall with all the cool staircases?

I seam to remember Lion Country Safari...where was it located? My brother worked at the Super Slide/Driving Range on Harry Hines.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:47 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
Lion Country Safari was behind the wax museum and west of the horse track in Grand Prairie. Seven Seas was west of Six Flags around the hotel that is next to the Ballpark.

Old 08-12-2010, 09:52 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalls View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Lion Country Safari was behind the wax museum and west of the horse track in Grand Prairie. Seven Seas was west of Six Flags around the hotel that is next to the Ballpark.
Yes, remember Lion Country Safari. We actually went there on a field trip in elementary school. We all had to ride in parents cars. Man, couldn't do that today and this was before any seatbelt laws, lol. It was in Grand Prarie as Lakewooder said.

Went to Seven Seas as well.

Don't remember a Young Ages at Northtown Mall and I lived right by there and went there all the time.

LOVED Twin Rivers. It hasn't been gone that long either as we have actually taken our kids there.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:33 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,614,065 times
Northpark holds so many memories for me. A regular hangout for me and my friends when I was a teen. All shorts of cool "shops": Melody Shop (best music store EVER), Carriage Shoppe (favorite with my girlfriend); Canterbury Shop (cool duds for young men). And Orange Julius, of course!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas