Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2008, 08:29 PM
aeh

318 posts, read 1,621,608 times

Advertisements

I went to LH and graduated late 80's. I went to elem school with Gibby's younger brother, Andy. Mr Peppermint made an appearance at some elementary school programs over at White Rock Elementary.

Also, remember the marionette shows? And what was the other pizza place (I think a bit later than Pizza and Pipes timeframe) that had all of the different rooms--a place to watch movies, arcades, etc...sooo fun...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2008, 11:33 PM

1 posts, read 3,749 times
I definitely remember the Starck Club. I was barely cool enough to get in. Even at 15, I ACTUALLY DID GET IN. Not sure how.
I remember Next Door, for sure. Ordering by phone from your table. I loved ordering the frito pie after a Sunday Church service w/ the grandparents..
I loved Shakey's Pizza and Olla Podrita Mall.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:59 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,816,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeh View Post
I went to LH and graduated late 80's. I went to elem school with Gibby's younger brother, Andy. Mr Peppermint made an appearance at some elementary school programs over at White Rock Elementary.

Also, remember the marionette shows? And what was the other pizza place (I think a bit later than Pizza and Pipes timeframe) that had all of the different rooms--a place to watch movies, arcades, etc...sooo fun...
I went to Wallace Elementary and then LHJH. Are you thinking of Godfather's Pizza? It replaced P&P with a complete remodel. Or maybe Mr. Gatti's?

Old 04-13-2008, 11:09 AM
aeh

No, it wasn't either of those. More of an "inside amusement park feel", but not with rides. Can't remember where it was located. Maybe it had "Magic" in the name? It was more in line with my younger brother (I was in jr high I think when it became popular so "too cool" ha ha to go there too much) and his friends but I did think it was pretty fun. I know it wasn't in the LH area, it seemed "far away" at the time.

The good ole Wallace Wallabees (I remember a soccer team we played with that name). I was at White Rock when we renamed ourselves the Seahawks (yes, there are a lot of "seas" nearby!! )

Old 04-13-2008, 01:19 PM

Quote:
No, it wasn't either of those. More of an "inside amusement park feel", but not with rides. Can't remember where it was located. Maybe it had "Magic" in the name? It was more in line with my younger brother (I was in jr high I think when it became popular so "too cool" ha ha to go there too much) and his friends but I did think it was pretty fun. I know it wasn't in the LH area, it seemed "far away" at the time.
Crystals (Forest at North Dallas Tollway) or Chuck E Cheese, (LBJ at Montfort)?

Quote:
The good ole Wallace Wallabees (I remember a soccer team we played with that name). I was at White Rock when we renamed ourselves the Seahawks (yes, there are a lot of "seas" nearby!! )
Wallabees, now that is a fierce sounding team, hehehe. I always thought that was such a stupid mascot. Hey, remember the Richland College Thunderducks?

Last edited by PanTerra; 04-13-2008 at 01:43 PM..

Old 04-13-2008, 06:58 PM
aeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Crystals (Forest at North Dallas Tollway) or Chuck E Cheese, (LBJ at Montfort)?

Wallabees, now that is a fierce sounding team, hehehe. I always thought that was such a stupid mascot. Hey, remember the Richland College Thunderducks?
Yes, I think it was Crystal's! My mom said it was over by Inwood and there is another pizza place there now in its place but she couldn't think of the name either!

Yes, I'd never want to run into a wallabee!!

Old 04-13-2008, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Yes, I think it was Crystal's! My mom said it was over by Inwood and there is another pizza place there now in its place but she couldn't think of the name either!

Yes, I'd never want to run into a wallabee!!
Crystals fronted on Inwood and backed up to the tollway.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:05 AM

1,197 posts, read 3,581,808 times
The old "restaurant row" off LBJ and Valley View Rd back when that was the happening part of town.

Chocolate Soup clothing store

Old 04-14-2008, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post
The old "restaurant row" off LBJ and Valley View Rd back when that was the happening part of town.

Where does LBJ and Valley View Rd. intersect?

Old 04-14-2008, 09:59 AM
aeh

My mom used to try to dress me in Chocolate Soup but by third grade, I was having none of that---too babyish. But such cute clothes for kids and now there is one over in either Preston/Royal or Preston/Forest shopping centre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNT_Eagle View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas