Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2008, 09:13 PM

714 posts, read 2,933,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
That was a trip back in time -- there was some fried chicken place or something on Harry Hines just south of that hotel -- was called "Manny's"?? Of course The Mecca and Kellers were there too..
Did you go to Circle Disco, Chelsea Street Pub, The Beggar, After The Gold Rush or any of those places?
I remember the Pub. and I think there was a place called Scotland Yard, but I could be thinking of something else. There were several resturants on Harry Hines, south of NW highway, one I believe was featured in one of the early "Dallas" TV shows
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2008, 01:56 PM

27 posts, read 94,459 times
But wasn't it roller skating at Love Field? I remember falling and spraining my wrist because I did not know how to roller skate -- but ice skated fairly well. (Strange for a Big D girl.)

Old 07-07-2008, 02:09 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie1971 View Post
I also remember a cafeteria across from SMU that had a lady there who played the organ. She took requests and I remember asking her to play the Mickey Mouse theme, and she pulled it off! The Highland Park cafeteria was another great place to eat. While waiting in line you went by a picture of all the Presidents.
That was Radford's.."Miz Inez" also played for the Rotary and ended up in Casa Linda Cafeteria if I remember correctly -- she started out at Burnett Field see:

Baseball in Dallas - Google Book Search

Old 07-07-2008, 02:56 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkRowPioneer View Post
But wasn't it roller skating at Love Field? I remember falling and spraining my wrist because I did not know how to roller skate -- but ice skated fairly well. (Strange for a Big D girl.)
Oh yeah, that was "LLOVE." YOu were in the roller-disco. Scroll back to page 4 of this thread for some posting on LLove.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Love_Field
Quote:
With the drastic reduction in flights, Love Field had to decommission several of its terminals. The City of Dallas attempted to make a rather creative use of these otherwise dormant facilities by leasing some of them to an entrepreneur who opened the "Llove Entertainment Complex" in November 1975. The main lobby areas at the front of a former terminal were transformed into movie theaters, an ice rink, a roller rink, a huge video arcade, places to eat, and a bowling alley. Llove seemed especially suited for the pre-teen and teen crowd, who could spend the day for a single admission charge of about $3.50. Llove lasted until May 1978 when it closed for good.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:13 PM

4 posts, read 20,036 times
Quote:
That was Radford's.."Miz Inez" also played for the Rotary and ended up in Casa Linda Cafeteria if I remember correctly -- she started out at Burnett Field see:

Baseball in Dallas - Google Book Search

Thanks for the info. What a great message board.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:55 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Did I ever post this?

Tiki Central Forums - Topic: Ports O' Call, Dallas, TX (restaurant)

Old 07-07-2008, 04:34 PM

116 posts, read 448,095 times
Default Ports " Call- Southland Life Bld

Great post & pictures of Southland Life bld. My father worked in Southland Life in the mid 60's to 70's. He would take us downtown to dinner, many great memories of the Chapparel Club for Easter Brunch and Cattlemens Restaurants! As kids we loved the rocky mountain oysters!! HA
Off Lovers Lane was a great barbeque called "The Rib" and an Italian restaurant called "Vesuvius"..the outside looked like a volcano and inside had fountains! This thread is a good balance to a stressful Monday!

Quote:

Old 07-07-2008, 05:30 PM

4 posts, read 20,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnSlaney View Post
Off Lovers Lane was a great barbeque called "The Rib"

I loved this place at the corner of Lovers and the Tollway. All you can eat ribs brought to you on a server with a sterno flame underneath it. At the end of the meal they brought you hot towels and lemons.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:54 PM

12 posts, read 24,371 times
I believe Llove had BOTH ice and roller skating!

Old 07-07-2008, 07:58 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepandan View Post
I believe Llove had BOTH ice and roller skating!
It did. As well as a movie theater and bowling alley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas