Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 02:29 AM

219 posts, read 333,989 times

Advertisements

ok thanks everybody im really glad i did ask because i didnt know there was no such thing as no fault i will be sure to have my dad call state farm because my car is in his name. Thanks everyone even highcotton and the comments that where made from him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 03:07 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,144,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmykids08_10 View Post
?
2. How would anyone find out if we didnt transfer our plates to texas once we moved here? How would they not know we're just visiting?
Rumor has it that cops routinely make runs through business and office parking lots looking for tag violations. If they notice a car with out of state tags parking in the same lot for any length of time you get... a ticket, a court summons, IDK? That's the story I heard when I moved to a new state, anyone else ever heard of such a thing?

Old 07-26-2011, 09:51 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
why do I think what was posted will fall on deaf ears

someone who still has "her" car in her father's name seems able to shift responsibility at will

Old 07-26-2011, 10:06 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,473,186 times
Quote:
ok thanks everybody im really glad i did ask because i didnt know there was no such thing as no fault i will be sure to have my dad call state farm because my car is in his name. Thanks everyone even highcotton and the comments that where made from him.
You're married and your car is in your daddy's name?

Don't you think it's time to grow up and become an adult...and take full responsiblility?

Old 07-29-2011, 10:28 AM

for the record my dad LOVES paying my bills so he held on to my car insurance and he's a cosigner on my car title. Its in both our names. He feels as long as im taking care of my kids he'll take care of his. Dont get upset with me because my father loves doing things for me, i cant help it i just recently took my phone bill from him because he was paying that also until this month. Me being married has nothing to do with it. He's my father and believes in caring for his kids.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:31 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,292,163 times
Quote:
for the record my dad LOVES paying my bills so he held on to my car insurance and he's a cosigner on my car title. Its in both our names. He feels as long as im taking care of my kids he'll take care of his. Dont get upset with me because my father loves doing things for me, i cant help it i just recently took my phone bill from him because he was paying that also until this month. Me being married has nothing to do with it. He's my father and believes in caring for his kids.
"Leave and cleave" my friend, that's what marriage is all about.

Leaving your father & mother (and whatever they are still paying for) behind, and cleaving to your husband (and making ends meet however you need to in order to pay for necessities like car insurance and phone bills).

Old 07-29-2011, 10:52 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,473,186 times
Quote:
You should be taking FULL financial responsibility for yourself and your family...instead on counting on (or ALLOWING) daddy to help you financially on a regular and consistent basis as-if you were a mere child still living under his roof. Or maybe you and your husband and your children do live with daddy. Grow up!

Old 07-29-2011, 11:01 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,887,311 times
WOW, just WOW

Man my husband would have 2 or 3 jobs beofre he let my Dad pay for my bills!
He has a hard enough time acepting the Christmas check we get every year.

You are not independant and not truely "married". Your Dad is doing you a long term disservice by paying your bills etc...
Don't you want ot be independant? Have your own credit score? If life throws your family a curve ball, don't you want to be secure you can stand on your own 2 feet?

Thsi is part of the problem with our economy, people always thinking someone else will pay for it, bail them out etc...

We are trying to teach our kids fiscal responsiblity and having Mommy and Daddy pay for everything does not make a good citizen. My daughter pays 80% of her own gas, 80% of her car insurance and 100% of her spending money. She is only 16, she has learned how budget etc... and she is currently trying to get scholarships for college.

So, why are you sooo concerned with paying to license your dogs, and register your cars? Juist ask Daddy.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:27 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
now I am thinking this is just someone messing with us cause they are bored...

Old 07-29-2011, 01:23 PM

nope not bored. this post just turned into a big post about my dad wanting to be my dad. My husband cant say anything about my father paying ONE of my bills because my father was here first and no matter what you say as long as he wants too he can. I pay for everything else and when my family does get into difficult situations i am the one getting us out of it. Some of you are funny because my dad pays 1 bill im not grown up or "married" yea sure. Whatever. If i wasnt grown up i wouldnt be able to move my whole family of 4 plus 2 dogs 1200miles away without the help of my family members. So judge all you want all because of 1 bill i dont pay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: