Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 01:33 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,420,631 times

Advertisements

You guys are feeding this troll to the brim

Hilarious rouse, good sir.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 02:00 PM

17 posts, read 29,625 times
I have lived in many different cities and countries (soon to be in Dallas) and traveled all over the world. There are places I loved, places I liked and places I didn't.

But one fact is clear, There's No Place Like Home...

no matter where you live.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:33 PM

15,971 posts, read 20,960,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brent6969 View Post
MY OPINION. Leave it alone, DAMN>
You posted on an internet forum but you want folks to leave it alone?
You're bored and looking to stir the pot for ***** and giggles aren't you?

I'm curious, where is this 100+ page post about a hamburger chain, link please?

Old 07-26-2011, 02:41 PM

2,182 posts, read 5,420,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
I'm curious, where is this 100+ page post about a hamburger chain, link please?
This one?

//www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...urger-185.html

Old 07-26-2011, 02:49 PM

15,971 posts, read 20,960,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyn View Post
Thanks. Funny, the things people get so passionate about.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:55 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,038,951 times
I went to a famous restaurant in Atlanta and got food poisoning. Then I got in a cab and there was a crack head in there (he actually stopped to buy some) and he dropped me off at some strange service station in the boonies, where I was robbed. It took another $100 to get back to my sister's house.

I shall never return to hell!!!

(Is that how it should put it?)

Old 07-26-2011, 03:12 PM

574 posts, read 1,472,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenG1974 View Post
I'm one of those that lived in ATL before coming here and I can say that I am SOOOOO much happier here. Sure Atlanta is beautiful - but it has a nasty underside. The traffic is by far the worst I have ever encountered. I felt like I lived in the car and there was NO where to go but on 4 main roads. 400, 285 and 85 or 75.

I find that Dallas/TX people are MUCH friendlier and open. You also tend to know where you stand with people here. None of that nice to your face but hateful behind your back.

I found that Atlanta's humidity was hell on earth. It was awful.

)
My sentiments exactly! Especially the hatefulness behind your back (shivers).

Quote:
Originally Posted by milwaukeegirl View Post

I miss the how green Atlanta was, I miss rain. I miss flowers all year round..
Where in the DFW do you live? I have found Dallas to be VERY green, much more so than I imagined coming from ATL. Helping my parents find a home I have driven all over Uptown, Park Cities, Lakewood, Lake Highlands, Inwood, M Streets, etc. North of 30, south of 635, and west until about Webb Chapel is very green IMO. I am sure there are other green areas, this is what I have explored so far. And there are probably more crepe myrtles here than I ever saw in East Cobb, adding color everywhere.

I do miss rain though.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:15 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,764,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateway Region View Post
I believe that was my statement and am sticking to it. Is there a difference? I don't see one.

I have sat back for my first couple of months on this forum and took the OP's bash fest. In the city vs city forum all he does is bash Houston, Dallas, Miami, Charlotte and my hometown of Philadelphia. Also, he boosts Atlanta and Savannah and acts as if they are the best places on this earth in all of his posts.

I use to take the bashing and not give my true feelings on other cities because I did not want to be rude. Well, those were my true feelings on Savannah and anyone who doesn't like them I really don't care. If brent6969 is going to bash cities and give his opinion then I will too. I am sick of taking the hatred spewed towards my favorite cities without giving my true opinion of other cities.

The point is... you came into the DALLAS forum to argue with your adversary over what had previously taken place in the silly city vs. city threads between the two of you... which has absolutely nothing to do with Dallas... and certainly doesn't have anything to do with Mobile or Savannah in this forum.

And, yes, you just read right, I said "silly" because that is exactly what they are. There's not a city in this world that does not have its good as well as bad points... and people choose and appreciate different cities from different perspectives for their own personal reasons... as well it should be... or we'd all be living in one city like cloned robots.

You want to play your silly games, then fine, take them back to the city vs. city threads. But, don't come in here with your agenda loaded to blast away at everyplace and everyone else because you two disagree.

And, that is MY final statement on this subject and I'm sticking to it as well.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:16 PM

574 posts, read 1,472,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazyn View Post
You guys are feeding this troll to the brim.
So many good subtopics though!

Old 07-27-2011, 03:42 PM

229 posts, read 518,969 times
^^^
RickBlaneCR

Does your graph on crime represent multiple years or a single year. Exactly what year does this graph of Dallas vs. Atlanta represent? Otherwise, this does not tell us much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas