Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 11:45 PM

527 posts, read 2,168,853 times

Advertisements

From more research i think the best place for me and my wife will be to live in Plano and that too near a specific place where my colleague is currently staying. I want to stay near the Plano Square Mall on East spring creek parkway as my colleage stays at the Goivanna apartments, i will have convinence stores like Walmart and Indian Grocery store (India Bazaar At Alma intersection) at lesser distance (initially no car so can only walk).
Also living in an individual standalone apartment / house won't be a good idea and an apartment complex (which has multiple units) will be better since it will help us getting assistance when needed and may have some additional facilities like Gym etc in house.

What are your suggestion ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 09:44 PM

333 posts, read 1,021,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rak007 View Post
From more research i think the best place for me and my wife will be to live in Plano and that too near a specific place where my colleague is currently staying. I want to stay near the Plano Square Mall on East spring creek parkway as my colleage stays at the Goivanna apartments, i will have convinence stores like Walmart and Indian Grocery store (India Bazaar At Alma intersection) at lesser distance (initially no car so can only walk).
Also living in an individual standalone apartment / house won't be a good idea and an apartment complex (which has multiple units) will be better since it will help us getting assistance when needed and may have some additional facilities like Gym etc in house.

What are your suggestion ?
What is your budget?

Old 08-03-2011, 10:29 PM

Finally i have got an 1BR apartment in Giovanna itself. I always wanted near this only and now i got in the same apartment complex. My colleague stays there who helped me with everything. I chose this because of proximity to various places like walmart / indian stores etc and also i have got to know that many Indian families are staying in this complex which is good for my wife too, primarily because she will be at home entire day.
Thanks a lot for all the replies and help and support you all have given me. Hoping to have a great time in Plano.

Old 08-07-2011, 05:01 PM

333 posts, read 1,021,512 times
Glad it worked out for you. Plano has a huge Indian and Asian influence. I always joke that I love having Indian neighbors bc everything is so peacefully quiet.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:17 PM

^^yes you are right. Currently i am staying at the Best western park suites and sending this message using hotel's internet only
Had been to an Indian restaurant yesterday night for food and today morning went to Taj groceries - Farmer's market at Independence Pkwy to buy Indian groceries and then went to walmart to buy some milk etc. All thanks to my helpful colleague here.
Now priority for me is to buy a car and hence have opened another thread for the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas