Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 10:41 PM

527 posts, read 2,169,237 times

Advertisements

Ok so i have finalized my apartment at Giovanna and my colleague staying there told me that Verizon FIOS available and that means i will be getting the 15/5 Mbps plan and this is very much sufficient for my streaming needs and VOIP requirements. On top of that it is probably an Unlimited connection
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2011, 11:13 AM

871 posts, read 2,689,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rak007 View Post
Ok so i have finalized my apartment at Giovanna and my colleague staying there told me that Verizon FIOS available and that means i will be getting the 15/5 Mbps plan and this is very much sufficient for my streaming needs and VOIP requirements. On top of that it is probably an Unlimited connection
Verizon FIOS has no caps on monthly data usage, which is a huge benefit to having them. I got Verizon to give me the 25/25 plan for about $45/mo and I think it's one of the best bargains for internet around, especially considering therei is no cap.

Congratulations on your new apartment and life!

Old 08-07-2011, 04:18 PM

What are the prepaid options available for me here ?? My main requirements will be calls between me and my wife and may be some calls here and there.
For home phone i will probably be going for the Vonage as it provides unlimited local calls as well as unlimited calling to India. So for mobile phones we will have very less use.
Please suggest.
A colleague here told he will take me to MetroOPCS store for the prepaid card.
But still require suggestions from you all.

Old 08-07-2011, 06:50 PM

621 posts, read 1,333,073 times
If you have a Costco membership you can usually get a better deal on the equipment thru them. I got my T-Mobile service there @ Costco and the phone (Blackberry) and all the accessories inc. car charger and carrying case w/ bluetooth were free. I paid $0.00

Old 08-07-2011, 10:45 PM

^^I think that would be some kind of postpaid / billing plan. I was more interested in pay as you go types. I will just require a new SIM as i already have a GSM phone with me.
How is metroPCS compared to Tmobile/ATT ?

Old 10-03-2011, 01:07 AM

4 posts, read 9,013 times
well I think you should search on the internet so that you can compare the prices and select the best one

Old 10-03-2011, 07:46 AM

213 posts, read 865,457 times
I see that you have already decided upon FIOS, which I happen to use as well for my TV and Internet and it has been problem since I got it installed in Feb this year.

As for phone plans, that is a whole ball game all-together. The concept of paying for incoming calls and even SMS is something that we need to get to our head around.

When I came here, I started off with using an AT&T pre-paid card which cost me $60 (+tax) for unlimited calls and sms. Eventually I shifted to T-Mobile which game me unlimited calls, SMS and 2Gb 3G/4G for $70 (+tax).

My wife, who started off with a MetroPCS (handset for $29, and unlimited call, sms and limited internet for $40) also shifted to T-Mobile for the $50 plan where you get unlimited call, SMS and 100Mb of 4G connectivity which gets downgraded to EDGE (maybe 3G) when you go over the limit.

On top of this, we have a Vonage to call back India and use the free Vonage Extension app it provides with my Andorid phone to call from Vonage while on the go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: