Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 08:23 AM

247 posts, read 564,547 times

Advertisements

No. Just some people choose to live in cities like Dallas itself - not the suburbs - that (a) is largely ghetto, (b) is very poor, (c) offers bad police services, (d) offers other bad & underfunded city services and (e) has horrible schools. That is their prerogative. And they cry about it, because either (a) that's all they can afford cause they live in the ghetto, or (b) they spent too much on their shanty that's actually on a nice little island surrounded by the ghetto. That's what Dallas (not the suburbs) gets you. It's ghetto-fabulous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
So death is preferable to living in Plano, Frisco, or McKinney? That's what I'm getting here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 08:38 AM

256 posts, read 446,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas90210 View Post
No. Just some people choose to live in cities like Dallas itself - not the suburbs - that (a) is largely ghetto, (b) is very poor, (c) offers bad police services, (d) offers other bad & underfunded city services and (e) has horrible schools. That is their prerogative. And they cry about it, because either (a) that's all they can afford cause they live in the ghetto, or (b) they spent too much on their shanty that's actually on a nice little island surrounded by the ghetto. That's what Dallas (not the suburbs) gets you. It's ghetto-fabulous.
You still living in the foreclosure home in Forney?

Old 08-02-2011, 08:45 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,003,734 times
Quote:
You are free to say whatever you like, but please don't quote me as a springboard to say stuff like this. I used to live in Uptown myself.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:18 AM

3,812 posts, read 4,395,350 times
Quote:

I really hope and pray you are still on these boards posting from Frisco/Allen/McKinney 10 years from now, when your houses are now considered 'old' and the new hot spots are much further north in Prosper and all those other towns up there...oh and wasnt Section 8 Housing recently approved to go up in Frisco? yeah, the next decade is going to be VERY interesting to say the least...

Old 08-02-2011, 09:37 AM

My business partner lives there - he got a real deal on a foreclosure.

I live more out in the country you might say. We don't have ghetto-ness out here...just lots of new houses (I live in a house that's over 4000 square feet, so that probably erks you a little)...and great, great, great schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramona72 View Post

Old 08-02-2011, 09:44 AM

256 posts, read 446,553 times
Quote:
My business partner lives there - he got a real deal on a foreclosure.

I live more out in the country you might say. We don't have ghetto-ness out here...just lots of new houses (I live in a house that's over 4000 square feet, so that probably erks you a little)...and great, great, great schools.
That's cool. You posted less than a year ago that you moved from Mesquite to Forney because you got a great deal on a foreclosure. Stay classy, my friend.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:48 AM

Its sad to say, but you're actually on to something there. I don't imagine Frisco will be as bad as Dallas in just 10 years...but urban blight really is a sad side effect of any new development. Typically people with money move in, and in time, people less fortunate move in, and the schools get worse and the area kind of goes down hill. Just look at Richardson. It's better than Dallas, for sure..when it comes to schools, city services and such. However it's not new, nice & prime like Frisco. Plano is "in between"...in more ways than one. West Plano is still "cool", while East Plano...well...it's better than Richardson, but not as good as West Plano or Frisco.

Only time will tell really.

Right now - Dallas is kind of like the large intestine of the metroplex, and Wilmer Hutchins is like the sphincter. As a real estate investor, I don't see much hope for those two cities unless drastic changes occur that improve the city services, schools and infrastructure. I think in time Dallas could wind up like Detroit...granted it's saving grace might be the large amount of hispanics that have come into the metroplex. Those guys open up businesses in the slums of Dallas, work 7-days a week to take care of their families and will do "what ever it takes" to succeed. They are not lazy, period, and I respect that. There's no doubt that West Oak Cliff has turned around 1000% since the hispanics started piling in there 10 or 20 years ago. I have a couple friends in Kessler Park whose homes have tripled in value.

If that happens to Pleasant Grove, and heaven forbid South Oak Cliff and Fair Park...Dallas could turn around in time and avoid the Detroit fate.

Again, only time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I really hope and pray you are still on these boards posting from Frisco/Allen/McKinney 10 years from now, when your houses are now considered 'old' and the new hot spots are much further north in Prosper and all those other towns up there...oh and wasnt Section 8 Housing recently approved to go up in Frisco? yeah, the next decade is going to be VERY interesting to say the least...

Old 08-02-2011, 09:50 AM

Yep, I got one too. I walked away with a $50k profit not that long ago. And I will stay classy

Quote:
That's cool. You posted less than a year ago that you moved from Mesquite to Forney because you got a great deal on a foreclosure. Stay classy, my friend.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:16 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,034,528 times
Be careful of lead poisoning in Frisco and high school drug gangs in Flower Mound!

I am very proud of the fact that some of my very best friends live/lived on the north side of Fair Park. They are good people and they don't deserve your scathing screed. I went to school with the richest and the poorest and everything in-between. In my class was the son of one of the Texas Monthly's "Richest 100 Texans" - I doubt you have any of those out in the provinces.

Old 08-02-2011, 01:47 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,423,439 times
Quote:
Well his profile lists 75201 as his zip code. I suspect he makes up whatever he needs to troll effectively.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas