Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 08:52 AM

5 posts, read 23,553 times

Advertisements

Meritage pulled out. Beuscher is gone or bankrupt, Cooper has pulled out, Buy lottery tickets and move somewhere is a more completed community
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2009, 09:01 AM

5 posts, read 23,553 times
I purchased my home one year ago. A home identical, same model as mine sold for $140,000 less than my home. I fought my tax increase but it is still $65,000.00 over the sales price of the home behind me. The tax assessor will not let you use homes sold after the first quarter of 2009. I feel that is unfair as the market price is what the tax base should represent. My taxes increased by 77% before I fought the increase, now they are extremely high. They are $82,000. over the selling price of the house identical to mine. Is this fair, no but Collin County has rules and they are invited me back next year.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:05 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,092,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccpeye View Post
I would take a look at the foreclosures in South Craig. The homes are nice, the residents are quality people. You may try to find a foreclosure or a lease to rent before you make a decision. Cooper Clinic has pulled out, David Craig is managing the Cooper Aerobics. The TPC does not have a 4 star hotel in it's future. I think that the whole community is just above water. Sadly, there is no dream and the community needs an someone with some real business sense to come in and buy this community. The community is unkept and depressed at this time. We need a new investor to take over South Craig Ranch and separate from the fully developed North Craig. North Craig does not represent a dream or an investment, it just is revenue for the undeveloped South Craig Ranch. David Craig was smart as there is a big revenue from this development but I don't feel it is a part of the community.
I would agree for the most part with your statement, except for the Clinic has not pulled out, but has delayed their opening/completion according to Dr. Cooper. The homes there, well they are beautiful, but yes, they were hit really, really hard. A couple of the $1M+ homes are now listing in the $850-$900k range, and will probably go for around high 700 to low 800k in the end which will be a HUGE deal.

As far as TPC, well I never thought there would be a hotel, that was going to be just a pipe dream w/out consistent Pro level play there. It was never going to happen.

If you are single or retired and can afford to 'wait it out' then CR is a great place and even a better deal in S. CR. But it will be 2-3 years before it really starts to get back on it's feet and going again. But by then I would expect it to really take off, due to it's being a prime location and it's amenities especially if a proper developer takes over. The only reason I didn't buy there was I could see trying to raise 3 small kids in an area where kids were not of their age and build-out would take another 2-3 years to even get really going again. If I was single, I'd be there in a heart beat, but would be negotiating like a thief.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:22 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccpeye View Post
I purchased my home one year ago. A home identical, same model as mine sold for $140,000 less than my home. I fought my tax increase but it is still $65,000.00 over the sales price of the home behind me. The tax assessor will not let you use homes sold after the first quarter of 2009. I feel that is unfair as the market price is what the tax base should represent.

They, the tax office, bases the value off of what the home/property was worth on January 1st of that year. You can't go protest your taxes in June and use comps from May/June to represent the value on January 1st. You need comps from closer around January 1st to make a fair argument. There are still going to be people going before the board to protest their taxes in July and almost up to August. If the market tanks in June/July what about all of the people who protested in May? Or those that were comfortable w/ their values they got back in April/May and did not protest? What if you went to protest in May and got your value lowered and then in June the market went down even more in your area. They have to be fair to everyone so the date picked for what to use to set the values is January 1st. Now next year if the market in your area continues to go down your going to have more ammo to use to get your own property value lowered.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:39 PM

1 posts, read 2,555 times
Craig Ranch is a joke. Buescher homes ruined the neighborhood. Only two of there houses were sold to real buyers every other house was built for investors. After about two months the houses were foreclosed on. The the biggest joke is the Villas. Craig Ranch is a disaster area. Other builders finishing out the old Buescher homes. Most of the houses sat for at least a year before they were finished so if you buy one that was an old Buescher home be careful.

Old 06-27-2009, 04:45 PM

4,244 posts, read 8,759,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenpoint View Post
Craig Ranch is a joke. Buescher homes ruined the neighborhood.
I say the DR Horton homes was a bigger joke IMHO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: