Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 01:38 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simpleharmonicmotion View Post
I was thinking the SAME THING. Why not go back to California? Instead of making the rest of us miserable?
I feel that if he is miserable, it's a victumless crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 02:03 PM

3,210 posts, read 4,613,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
Maybe you need to "man-up" and quit being such an easy target. Are you from California? I would not be surprised.
So if I punch a guy in a wheelchair, it's his fault he's such an easy target? While I agree people are much too sensitive these days, the "easy target" attitude is cowardence and thuggery at it's finest.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shizzles View Post
so if i punch a guy in a wheelchair, it's his fault he's such an easy target? While i agree people are much too sensitive these days, the "easy target" attitude is cowardence and thuggery at it's finest.
spotm.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:50 PM

687 posts, read 1,578,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bungle View Post
I still don't understand all the anti- California stuff, but eh, whatever.
You're not the only one. I'm from Texas and I don't understand it either.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:01 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,818,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ami mon View Post
after being bullied by the proverbial fat windbag texan, I did research and apparently TX is one of the states that has no law against workplace bullying. I am NOT surprised.
Bologna, what you are referring too is most likely "hostile work environment" and while alot of states may say they support it good luck proving it. Has nothing to do with Texas or "bullying". sheesh.

Just tell him/her to buzz off and that they are a fat windbag Texan and see where that gets you.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:23 PM

373 posts, read 635,388 times
Default It takes awhile to get used to any area

It takes awhile to get used to any area.

It might help to share more details about the bully. Some people Haze in the work place, which is wrong. but often will lay off when someone gets a reputation for doing good work.

Others are just plane mean, but not that many.

My favorite example of a bully was a women the size of the goodyear blimp who moved to Texas from CA some years ago. She kept trying to get me to "meet her outside of work for different reasons" Also no intellect or education, and an abrasive personality.

Funny know, but not so at the time. After developing a good rep, I mentioned it to someone else who was not an office gossip but had alot of friends working in the men have a right to say no too. Even my already having a wife and small children did not affect the goodyear blimps requests.

Later senior managemnt also got to hear about the relatiliation for say NO.

A good way around a bully is just doing a good job over time and getting in good with people who think the same way

Old 08-11-2011, 07:51 AM

621 posts, read 1,333,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX75007 View Post
It is against the law in Texas to hire your own bully, which is what I suspect you want to do.

In Texas, we tell people that to their face to get them to back off. It usually works.
Well usually it does not work. My girlfriend was bullied by a married man at her job. she told him to back off, she told her boss and almost lost her job.
I had to go handle it....it was handled permanently and now he works in a lower paying position, but not every person can handle every situation.

Their are a lot of bully/pushy people in Texas.....I know I have several in my mothers family that were born and raised here...

Old 08-11-2011, 07:53 AM

621 posts, read 1,333,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyDadof2 View Post
DING DING DING...The Bay Area according to previous post...

QUOTE=PanTerra;20394601]Maybe you need to "man-up" and quit being such an easy target. Are you from California? I would not be surprised.
[/quote]

Does not matter where the OP is from. Fact is they are talking about an incident in Texas.

Old 08-11-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Does not matter where the OP is from. Fact is they are talking about an incident in Texas.
So what. Nothing special about the incident being in Texas. I have met bullies in several states, even California. The OP made the mistake that is was expected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas