Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 04:02 PM

38 posts, read 76,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I honestly thought he was an autobot with the way he would push out the exact same script, in different threads, verbatim...but now I think he's human so he's ok I suppose I'll have to put him in the "Suburb defenders club" along with the other charter members;

Lakewooder: Lakewood
Big G: Plano
Momof2dfw: Garland
BigDGeek: Richardson
LHNewbie: Lake Highlands
and now....drum roll please.....CREW747!!! why dont you stand up and tell the group about yourself...

My name is CREW747...did I tell you how GREAT it is up in Prosper right now...

We got love for ya CREW...
Well, guess you'll have to add me to the Frisco, soon to be Prosper club then . However, I am on record in saying if I was single, no kids and worked downtown, I would live much closer to downtown!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 08:40 PM

574 posts, read 1,477,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
At the end of the day its just preference.
exactly!

Here in Dallas we chose to be city folk. But we definitely get around and have come to appreciate offerings in Irving, Plano, Carrolton, Allen...even made it to Frisco.

At the end of the day there is no right or wrong...only right for you or wrong for you.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:47 PM

1,282 posts, read 3,556,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mami2emily View Post

At the end of the day there is no right or wrong...only right for you or wrong for you.
You got it, girl!!!

Old 08-10-2011, 09:51 PM

1,282 posts, read 3,556,187 times
Haha...just laughing to myself how a thread started with a "troll"-like post actually ended up bringing out the love. We may have our differences, but at the end of the day, we DFW-ites stand united!

Old 08-11-2011, 07:54 AM

621 posts, read 1,332,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT3x View Post
I've lived in DFW for a long time, and I feel like there are a lot of misconceptions on this board. Coming from someone who lived all around DFW for quite a while...

- The suburbs are not paradise. There are lots of really nice places to live within the city limits of Dallas for all price ranges. I work downtown and live in an extremely low crime area right next to White Rock Lake. The quality of life is incredible. I see you people on here automatically recommending soulless Frisco subdivisions for people who work downtown without considering access to nightlife, the arts, and hours of wasted commute time will impact people's lives. Whether it's Preston Hollow or Pleasant Grove, there is an extremely compelling case to be made for living in the city limits.

- Compared to the vast majority of American cities, DART is an excellent transit system. It is a cheap, simple, and effective way for visitors to have a good time in Dallas. So many people on here appear to have never stepped foot on a DART vehicle and are terrified at the prospect of it. For a few dollars and seconds on Google Maps transit directions, people can access tons of museums, bars, theaters, hotels, music venues, restaurants... the list goes on and on. Also, remember that DART operates a huge bus system - people who never use DART seem to think that the rail is all there is. You may not be able to chill at the chain restaurants in Frisco, but who really wants to do that anyway?

- All the people who try to categorize us: DFW is a vast place. Anyone who tries to explain what it is like to live here with a few personality traits is incredibly misguided. You will be able to find whatever kind of person you enjoy associating with here. There are countless mosques, gay bars, Baptist churches, communist groups, Dungeons and Dragons clubs, etc. With six million people in the area, you are not going to feel hemmed in, but you do have to go out and find it. The people who move to Rockwall, refuse to get out and do anything, then claim Texas is boring are really only bitching about ROCKWALL. Rockwall is not Dallas. Rockwall is Rockwall.

There is much more I have been meaning to say, but this is a start.
I agree, DFW is Dallas and Ft. Worth ONLY...Every other town/city has it's own name!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas