Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 08:30 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,817,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy24kids View Post

You still didn't answer my question......what is "barely black"?
She was also white maybe half black, like Obama, but she didn't acknowledge that side of her race. Didn't get her any points I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 08:33 PM

358 posts, read 1,075,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twincam666 View Post
Whenever something happens to a Black man they call it racially motivated. But if he was a white guy they would all have a different tune.

The blacks play the racial card entirly too much.

Hell, I'm white and now I'M a minority! I want my free stuff, my Jesse Jackass and my time on TV complaining how everyone is coming down on me!.

They just all need to get out of bed in the morning and go to work.

WHERE ARE THE MODERATORS!!!! Please don't make this into a racial issue just because JWP is Black. He doesn't represent all Black people and neither does Jesse Jackson. Only pure ignorance could lead one to believe that they do.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
I'm not wrong. You go back and read what you wrote again and you'll see what I'm talking about.
Lets not forget I said this:

"And those that use it generally have no regard for what that does to reverse the progress the good black folks worked hard to achieve."

I am NOT painting everyone like that so get over it.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
She was also white maybe half black, like Obama, but she didn't acknowledge that side of her race. Didn't get her any points I guess.
So you know her heritage?

FYI - most people that are biracial identify more with being Black because that is what society sees and that's how they are treated. Trust me......I know. Ever heard of the "one drop rule"? Try educating yourself before making such statements. There is no such thing as "barely black"? You're making yourself sound quite silly.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Typical, sooooo typical..Everything is racially motivated when you're black. But when they riot and tear white people out of their cars after a Carnival in Wisconsin it doesn't even make the news! If it were reversed though it would have been on CNN!
"Typical, sooooo typical..Everything is racially motivated when you're black"

You said THAT!!!!! To me, that's painting every Black person with the same brush.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
"Typical, sooooo typical..Everything is racially motivated when you're black"

You said THAT!!!!! To me, that's painting every Black person with the same brush.
Well saying "everything" was wrong and I apologize. Funny how that stood out to you and the other comment didn't matter..I do stand behind the fact it isn't uncommon to run into the racecard. But you're right this thread is getting off track.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Well saying "everything" was wrong and I apologize. Funny how that stood out to you and the other comment didn't matter..I do stand behind the fact it isn't uncommon to run into the racecard. But you're right this thread is getting off track.
I appreciate the apology. The other comment does matter but when you make a statement like the one you did it overshadows the other. Didn't mean to overlook it but the first one struck a cord. Sorry.

I agree that the race card is played far too much. I'm seeing it on both sides though. I wish people would get over race and stick to facts:

Watching the video only solidified the fact that JWP is far out of control. Anyone who has lived in this area will agree that he's been out of control for a long time.

Yes, it's unfortunate that many of his supporters are blind follower and truly believe that he is looking out for their best interest.

I don't agree with Ms. Dickey's ambush. That wasn't the best way to handle this situation but that DOES NOT excuse JWP's reaction to Brett Shipp.

Old 08-10-2011, 08:57 PM

Quote:
I agree that the race card is played far too much. I'm seeing it on both sides though. I wish people would get over race and stick to facts:
Its like dropping a Nuclear Bomb when there is still room for diplomacy. In the end no one has to ability to make anything better once it's out there. I am sure it's tempting when you run into stupid white people, yes there are PLENTY of em. But it has no effect on resolving a dispute. Makes me sad when I see or hear of it.

Old 08-10-2011, 09:08 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
I was being ironical really..Anyway, I have black friends that DO think that way. In fact I lived with one of them for years and saw it happen before my very eyes. Saw another girl I worked with early in my career, who was barely black, pull the race card on her boss right before she was about to get fired. And there was NEVER any racism whatsoever towards this girl. So...Do you think that Manager thought twice the next time they had a black candidate in front of them to hire? I bet she did considering how it effected her, she was a wreck and in tears after that accusation. I mean really, what can you say, especially in the work environment. Its just sad that it happens as often as it does. I digress....

This John Wiley guy seems like a buffoon if you ask me.
You'll need to watch remarks like that down here. Seriously.

Old 08-10-2011, 11:31 PM

446 posts, read 649,349 times
Quote:
how is that possible? who votes for him? He looks and sounds like he didn't graduate high school.
My family in South Dallas. I would, too, if I lived there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas