Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 08:56 AM

264 posts, read 624,811 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy24kids View Post
Can't we discuss him and his antics alone without grouping him with other Black politicians?
Let's group him with some other crooked Dallas politicians...Don Hill, Al Lipscomb, Teri Hodge...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2011, 10:03 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,610,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakehighlands View Post
Let's group him with some other crooked Dallas politicians...Don Hill, Al Lipscomb, Teri Hodge...
At least they didn't threaten to split a reporter's neck.

Old 08-11-2011, 11:57 AM

358 posts, read 1,075,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
At least they didn't threaten to split a reporter's neck.
Good point.....they are crooked but not violent. JWP continues to demonstrate monstrous behavior. He'll never learn his lesson if he isn't punished for his actions.

Does anyone remember WAY back when, when he was accused of rape?? I DO and I believe the woman's accusations but he was never convicted of that crime.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:03 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,529,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy24kids View Post
Good point.....they are crooked but not violent. JWP continues to demonstrate monstrous behavior. He'll never learn his lesson if he isn't punished for his actions.

Does anyone remember WAY back when, when he was accused of rape?? I DO and I believe the woman's accusations but he was never convicted of that crime.
Goes to show you what money can pay for. JWP needs to be removed from his position. And it needs to be done now. Did anyone find out if the reporter filed any charges? I would have especially with the "I'll slipt your neck" comment.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:04 PM

No charges expected in Price shoving incident | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

Nevermind I founf my answer- such a shame.... I wonder how much this Reporter was paid to no file charges....

Old 08-11-2011, 12:14 PM

390 posts, read 714,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post

Nevermind I founf my answer- such a shame.... I wonder how much this Reporter was paid to no file charges....
I wondered this myself, but filing charges isn't going to help Brett Shipp (and his collegues) do his job.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:18 PM

2,346 posts, read 6,924,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LQQKOUT View Post

Nothing - he just wants to avoid having JWP demonstrating in front of WFAA and the DMN.

FWIW, I think this particular episode was over-hyped by Channel 8. (Although I'm pretty certain JWP is a crook, and the items in question do not exist.) Maurine Dickey was trying to ambush him by showing up with reporters in tow. And Shipp's mantra of "This is public property!" doesn't hold water. Try using that excuse after jumping over the counter at the DMV or wandering onto the floor of the Texas House.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seat21d View Post
I wondered this myself, but filing charges isn't going to help Brett Shipp (and his collegues) do his job.
Never said it would- and I understand that being a news journalist has it's faults. However the nature of the situation in my eyes warranted charges to be filed. The public official physcially touching another person in a violent manner and vebally threating to cause harm is and was wrong- and I am almost positive that if the tables were turned and it happen there other way around JWP and his Attorney's would be crying foul and filing charges left and right- and sling motivational accusations.

To me regardless of power, race or sex- you do NOT touch another person- yet alone threaten to "slit your throat" especially in this day in aging when camera's can be anywhere and everywhere.

Old 08-11-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big G View Post
Nothing - he just wants to avoid having JWP demonstrating in front of WFAA and the DMN.

FWIW, I think this particular episode was over-hyped by Channel 8. (Although I'm pretty certain JWP is a crook, and the items in question do not exist.) Maurine Dickey was trying to ambush him by showing up with reporters in tow. And Shipp's mantra of "This is public property!" doesn't hold water. Try using that excuse after jumping over the counter at the DMV or wandering onto the floor of the Texas House.

regardless of public/private, Dickey's ambush (she might have wanted camera's there due to their heated exchanges in session, wouldn't blame her) but you don't physically touch someone and threaten to physcial harm.
Putting Dickey's involvement aside- if that was you in the exact situation- what would you have done?

Old 08-12-2011, 06:41 AM

419 posts, read 997,867 times
Default JWP sees white people

County Commissioner John Wiley Price (http://topics.dallasnews.com/topic/John_Wiley_Price - broken link) has long been a crusader for minority rights in Dallas, and he has taken gigantic political and personal risks to advance his cause. But he sees race in ways that normal people don't, the way that kid in The Sixth Sense (http://topics.dallasnews.com/topic/Sixth_Sense - broken link) sees dead people. When JWP attacks WFAA investigative reporter Brett Shipp, he doesn't see a reporter and videographer standing in front of him. He sees white people. When the FBI (http://topics.dallasnews.com/topic/Federal_Bureau_of_Investigation - broken link) raids his offices to investigate well-founded suspicions of legal impropriety, JWP doesn't see law enforcers. He sees white people. When his fellow commissioners criticize his incivility or question his position on any given issue, or when members of the audience question his motives, he doesn't see people taking a political stand. He sees white people. He wants these demons he's seeing to go to hell.

Read more here: John Wiley Price needs some serious counseling | Opinion Blog | dallasnews.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas