Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 09:55 PM

155 posts, read 502,544 times

Advertisements

We are hoping to move to the DFW area and Coppell specifically. I've heard some talk about the Billingsly Northlake development and was wondering if anyone had any updated information. Any speculation on the impact to certain neighborhoods or schools in the city? Also, any recommendations on specific neighborhoods in Coppell (under $400K)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2007, 10:20 PM

86 posts, read 307,677 times
I live in Coppell. Coppell is very nice. It's a small town and there really is no bad neighborhood. Have not heard a peep about the Northlake thing for awhile now and absolutely no construction of any kind is going on in that area.

Old 08-18-2007, 09:01 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
I ask this question in all honesty. What is so great about Coppell besides the schools? I've driven thru a few times. It looks like flat subdivisions with average lots sizes, next to huge warehouse districts and big powerlines. Most houses had no old growth trees. Granted its close in to business centers. The brick homes were new and large but kind of cookie cutter. What am I missing here?

Old 08-18-2007, 10:25 PM

155 posts, read 502,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
I ask this question in all honesty. What is so great about Coppell besides the schools? I've driven thru a few times. It looks like flat subdivisions with average lots sizes, next to huge warehouse districts and big powerlines. Most houses had no old growth trees. Granted its close in to business centers. The brick homes were new and large but kind of cookie cutter. What am I missing here?
I think you answered your own question - schools, smaller community feel and great location (close to airport, proximity to major employers/employement areas like Las Colinas and easy access to several major highways. At least that is what interests me. We've lived in the area and are hoping to get back soon.

Last edited by new2aus; 08-18-2007 at 10:35 PM..

Old 08-18-2007, 11:04 PM

18 posts, read 69,610 times
I just purchased in Coppell, and move in here at the end of the month. It interested me just because it is no nice and didn't seem to have any bad areas. Its close to everything, small, great schools, whats not to like?

Old 08-19-2007, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
It looks like flat subdivisions with average lots sizes. The brick homes were new and large but kind of cookie cutter.
You just described the entire DFW area in 2 sentences.

And not sure where you're getting these "big powerlines" and "warehouse districts" at. There is more to Coppell than what you see between Freeport Pkwy and Grapevine Mills.

Old 08-19-2007, 11:53 AM

I don't dislike Coppell it's certainly better than a lot of areas in DFW. But you can take it to the next level in the same price range. And get as good or better schools, (Colleyvillie, Grapevine, Southlake) Rolling terrrain and old growth trees (Grapevine,Colleyille, Southlake). Nice town centers with atmosphere (Grapevine, Southlake)

Old 08-19-2007, 01:43 PM

Coppell is not even close to as expensive as Collyeville or Southlake. Southlake is one of the most affluent cities in the nation. Coppell isn't on that level and doesn't pretend to be.

Old 08-19-2007, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickOfTheSunbelt View Post
Coppell is not even close to as expensive as Collyeville or Southlake. Southlake is one of the most affluent cities in the nation. Coppell isn't on that level and doesn't pretend to be.

It may be smaller square footage but even Southlake has 375K houses. Coppell has scores in this range. I'm not saying there are no size tradeoffs.

Old 08-20-2007, 01:24 PM

149 posts, read 567,884 times
Default Latest Information

This is the latest information from the Coppell City website under the Special Notice section.
Welcome to MyCoppell

We live here in Coppell and so far no other information on the project. I am sure as soon as there are any new developments we will hear about them. The city website is pretty good about keeping people up to date on the current goings on around here.

Current Situation

As of May 3, 2007

DEVELOPER TRIES TO REZONE MORE LAND FOR OVERSIZED DEVELOPMENT
Moderator cut: copyrights

Last edited by Yac; 12-10-2007 at 01:34 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas