Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2011, 11:47 AM

18 posts, read 33,918 times

Advertisements

My husband is in Irving on business for 3 months or more. He is working 7 days a week 9-10 hours a day. My son and I came along with him since my son is homeschooled and I don't work. Being a mom alone can be stressful, add to that homeschooling, living in a hotel and not having any friends and family to lean on and it can be exhausting. I would like to find a childcare at nighttime for my son so my husband and I can have some alone time. I would like for it to be somewhere that he will be able to play with other kids and do fun activities. Not only would it be great for me but for him for socialization. Do you guys have any places you would recommend?

Also, are there any groups I can get involved in to meet others with children in the area while I'm here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2011, 03:48 PM

332 posts, read 1,386,817 times
Adventure Kid's Playcare in Dallas on Forrest has drop in care.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:16 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,684,678 times
At the City of Irving website -- Parks & Recreation link - see if there is a class for children his age; maybe afterschool programs to give him some social opportunities and yourself a break. I just looked at only one center and noticed they have a free class on Monday's for kids at 1pm called "Homeschool Volleyball" so I bet with some research you could find fun things. Link:

http://www.ci.irving.tx.us/Parks-and...ion%20List.asp

I don't know about evening childcare, however......

Also check out Do something, Learn something, Share something, Change something - Meetup for mom or other groups that may interest you.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:59 PM

9 posts, read 19,143 times
We have Friday Parents' Night Out in YMCA (white rock branch) which I think is once a month. Also there is Mockingbird swim in Lakewood which has saturday Parents' night out (from what I remember is weekly). Judging by the drive we have going to my cousin, both are probably 25-30 mins away from Irving. You can inquire in your YMCA if they have parents' night out as well.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:03 PM

14 posts, read 55,039 times
Our kids liked Kiddin Around when we lived in Plano:
Kiddin' Around Play Care: An Hourly Drop-In Child Sitting Service. Coppell, TX, Frisco, TX, Plano, TX
It's an indoor play space with a few care takers keeping their eyes on the kids.
Kids can play computer games, watch movies, or play on the play structure or with the toys.
Check there website to see if there's a location near you.

Last edited by NEtoNWtoTX; 09-22-2011 at 08:54 PM..

Old 09-27-2011, 10:57 AM

18 posts, read 33,918 times
Wow thanks for all the suggestions! That gives me some options. I'm totally lost here...there is so much compared to what I'm used to back in Louisiana. You guys are awesome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: