Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 06:16 PM

373 posts, read 633,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX75007 View Post
This is not even close nor is its premise true.

Have you walked around any new home construction the last four years? The people on the crews are all verified legal. That was the first place that ICE cleaned up when the new laws went into effect in 2009.

My wife let about 10% of her legacy workforce go in 2009 when their E-verify came up negative. At her new job, ALL employees are run through this.

IMHO, most of this cost has already been absorbed.
Of course none of the subs are TIN's. I will believe that when Jesus Christ comes back riding a pogo stick. That is a perfect end run around ICE and everify.It is also means easier bookeeping and less labor costs for the General Contractor.

You don't have to have an SSI to get a TIN. Taxpayor Identification Number. Perfect for subcontractors, who may very well have and SSI. Downstream more TIN's.

These are the facts that never even make the debate.

But I am sure Joe Six Pack will feel better about the fairytale

A large portion of the men at the jobsite are not w2 form people at all. Different trades do different parts of the job via different companies. There will be a plumbing co, and HVAC co, an electrical co and so on.

The TIN is legal and not likely to have anyone going after the small subs as there are too many of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 08:55 PM

1,004 posts, read 3,741,228 times
Ha Ha Ha reading that construction people are all legal. LOL!!!

The few subcontractors (licensed businesses) that I hire (mostly concrete finishing) ALL employ people who fit the illegal stereotype - though I don't have the means to verify their immigration status.

I have not found a concrete subcontractor who has an "anglo" or "african american" workforce. They are ALL hispanics who don't speak English.

And before some smarta*s lectures me how I'm further supporting illegal immigration: I found it impossible to find subcontractors who do not resort to illegal labor for back breaking work.
And I never found an US citizen willing to work unskilled jobs in 100F+ heat for any reasonable amount ($50/hour - because that's the limit that I can pay and anything more and I do it myself (I never sweated as much as this year in my life)). And no, I never hired a day laborer myself.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:48 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,521,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
As it should be.

They are our "job providers."
Uh...they're not providing you with any jobs so long as they're giving them to illegal aliens for slave wages.

And that is my point. You can build walls, deport them by the truckload, harrass everyone with a tan, but the only way to truly curb illegal immigration is to take away their incentive for coming here -- punish the people who hire them.

These businesses are engaging in illegal activity by hiring them in the first place. Why be afraid to fine them/enforce laws?

Old 09-30-2011, 10:41 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,494,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post
Uh...they're not providing you with any jobs so long as they're giving them to illegal aliens for slave wages.

And that is my point. You can build walls, deport them by the truckload, harrass everyone with a tan, but the only way to truly curb illegal immigration is to take away their incentive for coming here -- punish the people who hire them.

These businesses are engaging in illegal activity by hiring them in the first place. Why be afraid to fine them/enforce laws?

Sure.

That was sarcasm.

And Yes, The US prison population should have a much higher content of White Men In Business Suits.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:06 AM

621 posts, read 1,326,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post

I agree 100%, the EMPLOYERS should be fined and JAILED for hiring them.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:15 AM

As far as the construction thing goes, I bought a new home in Geismar LA just outside Baton Rouge in 2007. All the homes I toured down there (over 50 of them ) were being built by americans! both white and black men. The quality is 10 times better there than in DFW. Why?

Well one reason is there is not a crew of nothing but illegals building them.
the second is the companies there won't use the illegal labor...

Texas companies love the illegals....In the end the companies make more $$$$. But we the consumer get screwed!

So we lose local jobs for local people and get a crappy inferior product in the end too!

I fired a landscaper in 06 because he showed up with 2 illegals on his crew............We have to put a stop to it!

Rick Perry sure as hell won't!

Old 10-01-2011, 07:52 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,590,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twincam666 View Post

Texas companies love the illegals....In the end the companies make more $$$$. But we the consumer get screwed!

I fired a landscaper in 06 because he showed up with 2 illegals on his crew............We have to put a stop to it!

Rick Perry sure as hell won't!
I don't necessarily disagree, but in Texas this is never going to change. Even though the Repbulicans have a stranglehold on the state, they haven't, nor will they take any action against illegal immigration. Why?:

1) Hispanics are over 1/3 of the state and will be half in the next 15 years. That's a lot of people the politicians don't want to **** off. Most immigration laws like the ones in Arizona and Georgia are seen as an attack on brown people by the Hispanic community.

2) As you point out, the Repblicans Texas base is first and foremost pro big business. Big businesses love labor as cheap as it comes. The cheapest labor comes from illegal immigrants. Because of this, Republicans are scared to put any blocks to it.

I agree with Clarence that the only way to combat illegal immigration is to go after the companies who hire them. But given how pro business Texas is, they will never do that.

So that's why we can talk about it all day long, but in Texas you will never ever see tough immigration laws or even immigration reform. It's never going to happen.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
I don't necessarily disagree, but in Texas this is never going to change. Even though the Repbulicans have a stranglehold on the state, they haven't, nor will they take any action against illegal immigration. Why?:

1) Hispanics are over 1/3 of the state and will be half in the next 15 years. That's a lot of people the politicians don't want to **** off. Most immigration laws like the ones in Arizona and Georgia are seen as an attack on brown people by the Hispanic community.

2) As you point out, the Repblicans Texas base is first and foremost pro big business. Big businesses love labor as cheap as it comes. The cheapest labor comes from illegal immigrants. Because of this, Republicans are scared to put any blocks to it.

I agree with Clarence that the only way to combat illegal immigration is to go after the companies who hire them. But given how pro business Texas is, they will never do that.

So that's why we can talk about it all day long, but in Texas you will never ever see tough immigration laws or even immigration reform. It's never going to happen.

You are probably correct about it not happening in Texas.....
But if enough CITIZENS do something it will get noticed.

Most people are too scared to do anything or they just too worried about making the extra $.15 cents they might make using an illegal over a legal person..............

I have not used several companies because of their illegal help including a roofer, painter and landscaper.

My opinion, but if we don't do something one citizen at a time, who will?

Old 10-01-2011, 07:25 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,494,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twincam666 View Post
I agree 100%, the EMPLOYERS should be fined and JAILED for hiring them.
And seize the business, bank accounts, houses, vehicles, etc. same as is done with drug operations.

[Aint gonna happen]

Yunno on the civie side, we could do a web site called "Ihireillegals.com" or some such, and start listing Names, Numbers, Contacts, Photos of the White Men in Business Suits involved.

I would start with Bo Pilgrim.

Who else?

Old 10-01-2011, 08:15 PM

373 posts, read 633,345 times
Question If it was your family?

In the original post someone is dead at the hands of a felonious pet, how would you regard the culpability of the direct contact enablers?

If a dog kills someone or pigs get loose and destroy property there is responsibilty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas