Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2007, 08:18 PM

2 posts, read 7,096 times

Advertisements

We attended this wonderful B&B about 2 years ago with a large group of friends and was ready to go back!!

The Baroness Inn Located in Milford TX. just outside Waxahachie & Hillsboro TX is suddenly missing??

The website and all the B&B companies are all shut down including the phone numbers!
Does anyone know what happend to this Beautiful victorian Place and the innkeepers?????

Thanks,
Walker
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2007, 07:23 AM

1,560 posts, read 7,148,243 times
I think I can field this one.... I use to live in the white two story home behind and across Border St from the Baroness Inn.

The couple who own the Baroness had some relationship issues, and from what I understand, in the end the husband walked out with quite a bit of money that should have been paid on one of their mortgages. The lender foreclosed and the wife moved out. When she left, she gutted the building, taking out the built in bookcases, fireplaces, most of the bathroom fixtures in the upstairs front rooms (yes, I mean the toilets, sinks and tubs), and the entire kitchen (cabinets, appliances, island, even the kitchen sink).

Unfortunately it has sat empty since then, having gone through at least two auctions. At one point a music museum was looking to purchase the property, but they couldn't get it to pass an inspection. (No kitchen, loose wires, and uncapped water and gas lines will complicate such things.)

At this point the structure is sound, but needs a lot of work to make it usable.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:19 AM

1 posts, read 5,201 times
Default Baroness Inn Milford, Texas

In response to the questions concerning the Baroness Inn the property is under current renovations the historical bed and breakfast is in the process of being restored to its original condition. The property was purchased by Bruce Perryman and Carlene Hunt-Perryman in April 2007.
However, we have had the property rezoned to residental property only and it will now become our private and permanet residence once the restoration work is complete.
We do value the history of the Inn and the town of Milford and are very excited about being part of the community.
If there is anyone with any history or knowledge on the Baroness Inn or of the town of Milford, Texas, please contact us.

Sincerely,

The Perrymans

Old 12-30-2008, 10:43 PM

4 posts, read 13,738 times
Default Baroness Inn Milford, TX

I left my number with a neighbor of yours Dec. 26th 2008. I know quite a bit of the history of the Inn and the building. Please give me a call.
It is the neighbor living behind you in the white house.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:57 PM

4 posts, read 13,738 times
Oddly I read the posts about the house being gutted and I also was looking for the Baroness Inn. I did go to the front door and look in the window. Recently. The building was absolutely crammed with furniture, rugs, artwork, on and on. I could not of course see the bathrooms or kitchen. Although I did recognize furniture that had belonged to the Baronesses Inns owners Mother before she passed on. That I thought was odd. I used to live in Milford too. For all concerned the lady who made the Inn an Inn brought it to the state you see in the B and B site photos up from a totally uninhabitable crumbling unwanted building. It is a terrible loss for her if her husband stole money from her because she did and paid for everything that made it an Inn. If it were not for her the place would have been lost long ago due to demolition by neglect. The new owners have got it easy, believe me. I was there in the beginning and through the process of bringing it to what it was as an Inn.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 12-31-2008 at 12:49 AM.. Reason: repaired font spacing issues

Old 03-11-2009, 03:08 PM
jhp

1 posts, read 4,760 times
I lived in Milford from 1987 to 1991 and knew the innkeeper. When she had mostly restored the place she asked me and a friend to come and help decorate (re accessories, furniture placement, etc). before she opened the Baroness Inn. She put a lot of love and very very hard work into the place....it's very sad she lost it. I understood that at one time the place had been an old "drummers" hotel (traveling salespeople). I lost touch with her after I moved away (she and I served on the city council together) but would love to find out where she went. If anyone knows please contact me because the "other friend" who helped "decorate" wants to find her too.....thanks.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:01 AM

1 posts, read 2,207 times
I was really hoping that someone would have bought it & kept it running as a B&B. My wife & I were married at The Baroness Inn 10 yrs ago this month...would have loved to go back there & celebrate. Really sad to hear all this...Evelyn was a sweet lady. I really enjoyed listening to her tell her story of purchasing the property. I wonder if she moved back to the Dallas area & returned to real estate?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas