Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 11:30 AM

1,190 posts, read 2,634,469 times

Advertisements

$1000 for a 3 bedroom is going to be hard around that area AND stay in a nice /safe area. If you go East/South of Garland Road, it can get scary quickly. (on the opposite side of the road from where the hospital is)

You might search this forum for Lakewood, East Dallas, Munger, M-streets, etc. I think your best bet for 3 bedrooms will likely be a house, but it might be tough in your budget.

Needing 3 bedrooms, does that mean you need to think about schools, too? That is always a challenge in East Dallas so be cautious of that, too.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 01:04 PM

328 posts, read 568,623 times
The Trails apts do not seem very nice?? Are they? Looking for updated amenities and gated access..
What about going towards University Park area? Want to stay within about a 10 min drive of White Rock Lake..
Or I guess that would probably be too far...Wish there were more options close by..
Think I will have to come down Saturday and take a look around...
I can check out house/duplex rentals too...What are the best neighborhoods close to White Rock Lake...apparently I need to stay to the north and west..appreciate any help!!
Lakewood area??

Last edited by livnluv; 10-13-2011 at 01:55 PM..

Old 10-13-2011, 01:26 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,285,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livnluv View Post
The Trails apts do not seem very nice?? Are they? Looking for updated amenities and gated access..
What about going towards University Park area? Want to stay within about a 10 min drive of White Rock Lake..
Going west towards UP/HP is all very safe. It also gets a lot pricier as you approach the Park Cities (HP/UP). $1000 3-br's are virtually impossible to find.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:30 PM

1,190 posts, read 2,634,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livnluv View Post
Or I guess that would probably be too far...Wish there were more options close by..
I wouldn't recommend those apartments. I have never been there, but drive by several times a week. That side of Garland Road gets sketchy quickly except for the section by Forest Hills. (ETA - I misread. I thought you meant the ones that are south of Gaston by the Tenison golf course. i dont' know about the Trails)

Like TC80 said, going north and west of the hospital is a good direction to go, but your budget for a 3br will make it challenging. Keep in mind that a lot of rental houses are just a sign in the yard.

Good luck.

Last edited by jennifw; 10-13-2011 at 02:49 PM..

Old 10-13-2011, 02:25 PM

686 posts, read 2,436,023 times
That area of Garland Rd is perfectly fine. It's right across from Casa Linda Shopping Center and basically backs up to the park at the lake and not any of the bad neighborhoods. The complex is practically next to the hospital so you could walk to work. If you Google the complex, it has gotten pretty good ratings. You will just have to visit the complex to see it in person. If you are wanting granite and stainless steel then you are probably going to have a difficult time finding that in your price range for a 3 bedroom just about anywhere in the city.

Old 10-14-2011, 06:57 AM

Ok, thanks guys...will keep looking~

Old 10-14-2011, 07:15 AM

176 posts, read 541,771 times
Looks like you and I are switching places...I am moving into wichita falls this week. We loved lakewood area but tjat might be too pricey. We lived at jefferson at lakewood...across from lakewood theater. I would recommmend them.Cheaper would be near tietze park (houses) junius heights (older bungalows) , little forest hills (funky) or apts near central market. Tjetr are cheaper apts on gaston but I would avoid those.

Old 10-14-2011, 01:15 PM

littlewmn...Are those apartments now called Lakewood on the Trail? If so they look nice..??..Thanks~

Old 10-15-2011, 02:58 PM

176 posts, read 541,771 times
I'm not sure-- no longer live there...but they wre going undr new management andthat was rright where they were building the trail. right by the little bridge area that went into Hollywood Heights, kinda by high school. We really liked it there. 1br plus office was $900.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:25 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,479,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewmn View Post
I'm not sure-- no longer live there...but they wre going undr new management andthat was rright where they were building the trail. right by the little bridge area that went into Hollywood Heights, kinda by high school. We really liked it there. 1br plus office was $900.
If you look at a map - this area is bordered by Covington, Brookside (turns into Monte Vista where the bridge goes over Sante Fe Trail).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas