Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 11:11 AM

2,916 posts, read 3,003,235 times

Advertisements

Officer Oliver is going to have a difficult time explaining what happened based on the new information.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/balc...jordan-edwards
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2017, 05:49 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,751,787 times
Yep. This guy will get away with murdering a teen aged boy. Because people believe every word the police say and justify every action against the teen.

But he shouldn't have been at that party.

But he shouldn't have tried to run. Obviously he was guilty of something.

It's not the police's fault someone filed a false report of gun fire.

The officer feared for his life.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:48 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
Yep. This guy will get away with murdering a teen aged boy. Because people believe every word the police say and justify every action against the teen.

But he shouldn't have been at that party.

But he shouldn't have tried to run. Obviously he was guilty of something.

It's not the police's fault someone filed a false report of gun fire.

The officer feared for his life.
Seriously?

Quote:
There was never a reason for Jordan Edwards to be fatally shot by a police officer ― and a new report reveals that there was never even a reason for authorities to be at the party the teen was attending.

No teens were drinking or doing illicit drugs at a house party in suburban Dallas where Edwards, 15, was killed on April 29, a law enforcement official told the Dallas Morning News this week.

A newly released autopsy report also reveals that Edwards wasn’t under the influence when officer Roy Oliver shot him. The officer was responding to a reports that teens had been drinking at a party.
Nobody Was Drinking At The Party Where Police Killed Jordan Edwards | HuffPost

Quote:
BALCH SPRINGS — The gunfire that rang out minutes before an officer fatally shot 15-year-old Jordan Edwards had nothing and everything to do with his death.

Fired Balch Springs Officer Roy Oliver heard the gunshots and left the teenagers’ house party he was investigating April 29 and grabbed his rifle. The gunfire scared Jordan, his brothers and two friends, and they jumped in their car to leave.

Those shots may have little to do with the criminal case against Oliver, who faces a murder charge in Jordan’s death. But people have wondered where the gunfire came from — or whether what people heard was even gunfire.

It was gunfire and where it came from is now clear.

Four shell casings were recovered from the parking lot of the nearby Balch Springs Nursing Home, two law enforcement officials said Thursday, on the condition that they not be identified by name. Orange paint marked where the casings were recovered. It’s possible a fifth shot was fired, one of the officials said.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...stigators-find

And more:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3150363

Twin Teens in Car When Jordan Edwards Killed by Cop Speak Out - NBC News

Lots more where that came from. Google it maybe...before slandering the name of an innocent dead child.

Old 06-30-2017, 08:29 AM

2,916 posts, read 3,003,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconndoit View Post
I think Murphy was being sarcastic. Those are all the excuses people make when a police officer kills an unarmed kid.
I have "some" hope because this case seems more clean-cut than just about any cop-shooting. Philando Castile was similar but a straight-A student, football player that was out with friends (and not doing ANYTHING ILLEGAL OR EVEN REMOTELY SUSPECT) should be open & shut.....or so we'd think.

You are right that most of the Blue Lives Matter/All Lives Matter crowd will be deathly silent. Now if we find out that young Mr. Edwards was cited for Jaywalking when he was 12 or something, they'll be back in full force.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:31 AM

Read my whole post. Those are the comments others will give to justify it.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconndoit View Post
I think Murphy was being sarcastic. Those are all the excuses people make when a police officer kills an unarmed kid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphyPl1 View Post
Read my whole post. Those are the comments others will give to justify it.
You do realize that sarcasm does not translate well on this medium?

Old 06-30-2017, 10:13 AM

2,885 posts, read 4,648,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Whoever invents a sarcasm font for the internet will crack the billionaire list in no time flat.

For what it's worth, it took me a few seconds to realize that MurphyPl1 was being sarcastic and rolling out the usual comments that we always hear from people trying to "justify" the unjustifiable. There are people who will analyze every single flinch or breath from the victim and find some instance somewhere that maybe kinda possibly sort of didn't fit with EXACTLY how they believe the victim "should" have acted, and use that to justify murder.

Not that we haven't seen this before...

Old 06-30-2017, 10:19 AM

190 posts, read 288,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
You do realize that you're the only one who didn't get it?

Old 06-30-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post
Whoever invents a sarcasm font for the internet will crack the billionaire list in no time flat.

For what it's worth, it took me a few seconds to realize that MurphyPl1 was being sarcastic and rolling out the usual comments that we always hear from people trying to "justify" the unjustifiable. There are people who will analyze every single flinch or breath from the victim and find some instance somewhere that maybe kinda possibly sort of didn't fit with EXACTLY how they believe the victim "should" have acted, and use that to justify murder.

Not that we haven't seen this before...
Agreed. And it's not out of the realm of possibility that MurphyPl1 was being serious...Facebook, Twitter, etc. are brimming with similar (and sincere) comments.

Old 06-30-2017, 04:21 PM

BigDGeek is right - sarcasm is hard to do online. And I wasn't even being sarcastic - just giving the very real disgusting examples that I've seen on this case and others like it. I should have used quotes.

I'm totally outraged by this entire case. And completely demoralized by the fact that this young man will likely never get justice. And that will be OK by far too many people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas