U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2011, 12:12 PM

527 posts, read 2,057,848 times

Advertisements

Wow...such an informative post. This surely helps and you have answered lots of my queries. Thanks a million.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2011, 05:52 PM

One more query....

I checked the DFW website and its parking page for availability by looking at the below link

dfwairport.com - Parking Availability

I see that for some it is FULL and for some it is OPEN. Now my query is that, will i have to like check this thing a night before i leave so i know whether the parking is FULL or available so i do not go there and fumble as to where i should go.
The above link says the status AS-OF-NOW and in no way tells what the situation may be few days from now, right ??

Old 11-20-2011, 07:28 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,219,906 times
I would check in the morning shortly before you head out. Heck, even though it'll be very early in the morning, I'd check a traffic website online just to make sure there's no accidents or construction that would get in your way.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:25 PM

Few days for me to go for my vacation, have few more queries about the parking at express north parking.

Can i take the route as below to reach the express north parking ??

1800 E Spring Creek Pkwy, Plano, TX 75074 to Unknown road - Google Maps

I have chose no tolls route and hence this. I am not sure where we are supposed to pay for parking. And do we pay right at the time we enter the parking lot or later when leaving ??
I am not sure if i want the covered or uncovered parking but may mostly go for uncovered one.
Let me know if the above way to enter the parking lot looks fine ?

PS: I have never travelled to DFW airport and have no idea about parking and all there so need assistance.
I do not have a toll tag or anything so will be paying with my credit card / cash only.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:35 PM

690 posts, read 1,608,042 times
Your directions are correct to DFW. At the entrance stay on the extreme right. You will go pass
the booth onto airfield rd. where the entrance and gate ticket to the extended north parking is.
The North extended bus travels throughout the gates on a 15 minute interval. Ensure you get on
the correct bus to get to your proper gate on time. (*Please Note important to remember the bus colors).
Save your parking ticket in a safe place. Preferably in your wallet, remember where you put it when you get back. When you come back just drive to the toll booth and pay the cashier.
Same thing if you were to choose South extended parking.
The extended parking Bus: As noted the bus service runs on a 15 minute interval to the different
gates. Ensure you get on the right bus that coincides with your gate terminal. There are display monitors and helpful personnel to assist you if you find it necessary. On return of your trip, after gathering your travel bags. Take the escalators downstairs to the extended bus pickup zone.
Catch the blue and yellow bus that is signifying it is going to the extended North
Extended parking. That bus will take you to the proper parking lot where you have parked your
auto. Pay the gate attendant at the extended parking booth with payment of your choice for your toll and exit to road home.

P.S.

I believe parking at the north extended runs about $7.00 per day, more if you choose the covered parking.
The common instructions go for any extended you choose. The cost is relatively the same.
There is a extended parking at 635 and royal (Blue and white bus). Two more along the 114 and Esters, The spot
which are serviced by the yellow spotted bus and one that sits I believe behind the Harvey Hotel and has its
passengers ride on a red bus to their facility.

Good Luck

Last edited by RockyJoe817; 12-11-2011 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: Adding pricing

Old 12-11-2011, 09:53 PM

Thanks a lot for the information. But can you just clarify whether the directions are correct to the express north parking ?? I mean the place from where i intend to enter the parking area ??

Old 12-11-2011, 10:27 PM

6,848 posts, read 10,955,124 times
rak007,

Here is the DFW Airport parking info site.

Just a word of caution, these express & remote lots can and DO fill up during the Christmas holidays, and with you leaving after everyone else has already parked for the duration of the holidays, this may very well be the situation you face when you arrive at DFW to catch your early flight out on Christmas morning. Note from past years, these remote and express lots have filled up on Christmas Eve, the day before your early-morning flight on Christmas Day.

This status info is available to you for each lot, along with the price for each lot, by internet here, so do check before you leave for the airport. However, what they've done in the past is give you a coupon at these Remote/Express lots that are full (you must request one at the full lot) which will reduce the parking price in the close-in terminal garages where you'll be directed to park.

Just be sure to allow yourself enough time to deal with these parking changes once you get to the airport.

Happy Holidays to you and yours & here's wishing you a hassle-free, safe trip! BTW, did you find all of the chocolates you wanted to take back to India with you???

Old 12-12-2011, 07:05 AM

Hey BstYet2Be, thanks for the information and word of caution. I shall do the needful.
Also i will keep a track of parking space right 2 days before i have to leave so in case i am in double minds, i may opt for the airport shuttle or something like that and i have adequate time to decide on the same.
Btw i planned not to buy any chocolates as of now as it is no point buying now when i am going to go back after few months. Moreover it was like 5-6 years back when the novelty of chocolates like Hersheys, Kisses etc in home country was more but as of now, almost everything (with chocolates) that one gets in US, is available in India as well at almost same or a bit more cost.
But i surely picked up some of those 5$/10$ gift packages from walmart (makeup kits etc) for relatives and all.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:37 AM

690 posts, read 1,608,042 times
North extended parking is located on Airfield Road.

1.) dfwairport.com - Remote Parking

2.) dfwairport.com - Remote Parking

Old 12-12-2011, 10:06 AM

2,067 posts, read 5,606,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rak007 View Post
I need to know whether there is any place at / near the DFW airport to part my car and go to some other place (fly out of Dallas) ? Its like i want to park for 5-6 days and will take it back after i return back to Dallas.

If you are driving in from out of town and spending the night in a hotel/motel the night before your flight, you can also talk to your hotel and ask them if they allow you to leave your car in their lot while you are gone. Many hotels will do this, and many of them offer hotel shuttles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas