Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 12:23 PM

1,780 posts, read 4,025,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerGuy View Post
So do I! Speaking of loving the Dallas Zoo. I gave some much needed TLC to the Dallas Zoo's Wikipedia page. I uploaded some of my photos in addition to editing the existing text. I separated the existing text into ZooNorth, Wilds of Africa and Giants of the Savanna. I also added the Awards, Conservation and Transportation sections. I know...went a little crazy I guess. I'm sorry but that thing read like an obituary before. LOL They had some very outdated photos (one was from 1974) and jumbled info about the zoo. The article also focused on everything bad that has ever happened there. So, I thought I would give it an update and bring it into the 2010s.

What do you all think?
Dallas Zoo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nice job!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 06:20 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,300,412 times
I can seriously say I thoroughly enjoyed the Dallas Zoo a lot more than I did the Fort Worth Zoo. You always hear "but the FW zoo is better", not from my experience.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:42 PM

554 posts, read 1,196,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix View Post
@TowerGuy - The Wiki page looks fabulous!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Great Job!
Thank you! I really appreciate the positive feedback! I am glad you both liked it.

Old 11-22-2011, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
I can seriously say I thoroughly enjoyed the Dallas Zoo a lot more than I did the Fort Worth Zoo. You always hear "but the FW zoo is better", not from my experience.
I agree! The Dallas Zoo did a complete 180 and ran full speed away from the abyss it seemed so eager to fall into. With all the new improvements the Dallas Zoo is definitely the better of the two zoos IMO. I am glad that our region can boast two great zoos! I am telling everyone that I know who hasn't been to the Dallas Zoo in a long time to look again. It will take time for a new meme to emerge. I also hear people mistakenly assert that the Dallas Zoo is smaller. It isn't. Dallas Zoo is 106 acres and Fort Worth Zoo is 64 acres.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:01 PM

35 posts, read 102,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Completely agree. And my kids prefer Dallas Zoo for 3 simple reasons:
- the Lacerte Children's Zoo is fabulous
- the little stream at Lacerte is great for splashing
- the Nature Exchange place which is unique

Old 11-25-2011, 02:22 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
The Dallas Zoo and Dallas World Aquarium are awesome!

Old 11-26-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
The Dallas Zoo and Dallas World Aquarium are awesome!
I need to visit the Dallas World Aquarium! I have never been. My family and I went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium quite a few times when we lived in California. TripAdvisor came out with a list of the top ten aquariums in the U.S. and the Dallas World Aquarium was on the list just three spots below the Monterey Bay Aquarium! So, I absolutely have to check it out now. I have heard nothing but good things.

I am hooked on the Dallas Zoo at the present time. I am off this Monday and I am thinking about going again!

Old 01-21-2012, 03:59 PM

Quote:
So do I! Speaking of loving the Dallas Zoo. I gave some much needed TLC to the Dallas Zoo's Wikipedia page. I uploaded some of my photos in addition to editing the existing text. I separated the existing text into ZooNorth, Wilds of Africa and Giants of the Savanna. I also added the Awards, Conservation and Transportation sections. I know...went a little crazy I guess. I'm sorry but that thing read like an obituary before. LOL They had some very outdated photos (one was from 1974) and jumbled info about the zoo. The article also focused on everything bad that has ever happened there. So, I thought I would give it an update and bring it into the 2010s.

What do you all think?
Dallas Zoo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Quick follow up. After my first series of edits to the Dallas Zoo Wikipedia article, the article was assessed by one of the admins of WikiProject Zoo. He promoted the article from Start-Class to C-Class quality. I collaborated with him to do more research and add more detail to the article. Today, the article was promoted to B-Class! It is one of 33 articles in WikiProject Zoo to achieve that status! Does anyone have any information with sources regarding the zoo's history that can be added to the article? Thanks to those of you who rated the article!

Koalas are coming to the zoo in March!!! The Australian Outback area will have a new exhibit called Koala Walkabout.

Old 01-21-2012, 06:00 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,450,089 times
Quote:
Quick follow up. After my first series of edits to the Dallas Zoo Wikipedia article, the article was assessed by one of the admins of WikiProject Zoo. He promoted the article from Start-Class to C-Class quality. I collaborated with him to do more research and add more detail to the article. Today, the article was promoted to B-Class! It is one of 33 articles in WikiProject Zoo to achieve that status! Does anyone have any information with sources regarding the zoo's history that can be added to the article? Thanks to those of you who rated the article!

Koalas are coming to the zoo in March!!! The Australian Outback area will have a new exhibit called Koala Walkabout.
Wow!!.....and it keeps getting better and better!

Old 01-23-2012, 11:45 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,531,347 times
I made it to the Fort Worth zoo two years ago. (Never been to a zoo before) I went to the Fort Worth one because everyone told me the Dallas one was not impressive at all. I liked the Fort Worth zoo but it was rarely small. I had a coupon to go to the Dallas one the year the elephant savanna thing open...but I didn't. I plan to go there this summer after reading this thread. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas