Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 09:28 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,680,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Your facts were accurate in July 2010 and probably valid data through Dec 2010. Right now there's as useful as an Apple IIe manual from 1986.....

Thanks for he update on that turtle...I am not surprised that Prosper's values are up but I am slightly surprised that Fairview's are down....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2011, 09:30 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,818,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW747 View Post
I am home sick with the flu so this has been a pretty active day for me on city data forum.I usually do not have this amount of time to dedicate to promoting prosper and offering insight to people looking to relocate to the area...

I do not become indignant when someone disagrees with me about Prosper.Plenty of people promote their towns and cities on here.My findings and claims are by no means inaccurate. Debate on city data forumers ,that's what this is for.The person who started the moving from Denver thread is probably wondering how we could have taken it into an endless discussion about incomes,Plano isd ,white flight and everything else under the sun lol .I am still grateful for this forum and appreciate how helpful people's posts were for me and my family.
Ok thats fine, but what does that have to do with the fact you gave us day ol bread for lunch with that article? Seriously, I am not trying to gang up on you but some of the information your putting out there is just useless or down right wrong.

I appreciate anyone who promotes the area they live, even with passion. Just make sure you're presenting the facts and not showing up to a "debate" unprepared. There are some sharp folks on this site..

Old 11-10-2011, 09:44 PM

Agreed...my year old article had some interesting info about Collin county home prices.It was from 2010 but not inaccurate.It's pretty darn great that so many people are looking to relocate to the area where us city data forumers live.I am certainly happy we moved here from Connecticut and had the help of this forum to make decisions...everyone is pretty civil and fair on here and that is why I choose to promote Prosper and answer a few questions in between.If the other posters had nothing of value to add to discussions or bring to the table,this forum would not exist and be as popular for relocation avice as it is...

Old 11-10-2011, 09:46 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,295,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW747 View Post
Thanks for he update on that turtle...I am not surprised that Prosper's values are up but I am slightly surprised that Fairview's are down....
You read my post incorrectly. Both Fairview and Prosper were up overall (driven by new construction). But existing homes in both Prosper & Fairview were down about 3%.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:49 PM

Ahhh...that makes more sense.

Old 11-13-2011, 10:41 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,545,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Yup, pulling year old real estate info is about the same as reading a 1970's computer manual.....USELESS!! But Crew does whatever it takes to push Prosper

I just noticed tonight when pulling listings for another poster that a lot of the higher end Fairview properties had been reduced by $50k, $100k, $200k- big decreases. What gives? The Lovejoy school drama?
Probably, but also economics and geography.

Not telling you anything you do not know, but since we shoppers can tend to be fickle now -- we are not likely to tolerate much crap like the Lovejoy Moronothon.

Only reason we even (accident) landed here was failing to adequately research Lovejoy.

But there is still more at play -- While things like employment have stopped (or paused) imploding, the downside risks ahead are pretty steep. And the Bright-Side Optimism Bias has faded down towards reality.

So by my math, one would have to be nutz to buy in to this.

The area out here is almost beyond suburb and more like exburb. When working downtown (Dallas) I drive down to the train in Plano -- which is faster and cheaper than driving all the way -- and I actually enjoy the train -- but it takes over an hour each way. So it takes fairly decent money to draw me down to Dallas, but for folks who do not have that going on, it makes more sense to live closer in.

There is NO functional business around here. Just pastures, some olde farm-houses (our present digs) and barns and these weird looking sub-divisions plopped in the middle of pastures.

Old 11-13-2011, 11:13 AM

We live in Prosper and work in the Siemens offices near Frisco ikea and Baylor Frisco.We wanted a close commute to our work locations.It takes us 10 minutes to get to work.Proser is appealing for people working off the tollway.We know many like us and others who work in North Dallas and Plano that have no issues with a 15 to 40 minute commute on a daily basis.The entire are north of Eldorado in Frisco and the 380 corridor is growing rapidly.

A friend I went to school with just found out he will be working at the new Baylor Mc Kinney.He and his family will be looking in our Prosper subdivision when they come down to your the area next week.There will be many more like him looking to do the same thing that we did...find a great subdivision in a safe town close to work.

I have no experience with Lovejoy isd or Fairview.We had looked in Fairview but did not want or need to be near 75...

Old 11-13-2011, 11:26 AM

I love living near the tollway and use the access road often.The new Costco in frisco is 5 minutes from us.Next to a Whole foods or Trader joes , that was the place I was hoping would open near Prosper the most...

Old 11-30-2011, 04:46 PM

38 posts, read 76,195 times
Closed on our new home build last week. Will be building in Prosper starting in January 2012. And yes, we work off the tollway in Plano which is why Prosper was available to us to live. Can't wait!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas