Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 09:43 AM

5,406 posts, read 13,277,589 times

Advertisements

This is precisely why I brush on my fence stain. Not only does it avoid these kinds of things since the wind usually blows and could carry the stain on anything, it does a much nicer job.

I would talk to the guy but some people, you know, are idiots and really don't give a flip. I hope your neighbor is not but if he is, $350 is not too much to be out. Be on the lookout for him to do his spraying again in several years and be prepared for his idiocracy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 01:50 PM

94 posts, read 304,964 times
The latest update:

Knocked on the neighbors door 2nd time - teenage son answered - asked if Mom or Dad was home..... neither was..... explained to high school aged son what I was there to inquire about.... he said that they stained it themselves.... showed him pictures of the car in place where the overspray happened, one of the car at the detailers, under good light, with the brown over spray on the red car, windows, etc .... also grabbed the trashcan and the sprinkler junction cap, as they and my wheelbarrow, etc are now all freckled - so, hard evidence, photos, etc.... left my name and #

1 day later rec'd a call from the father.... did not leave a message - I have been tied up and figure I will give it 1 more try.....

Why I paid for it myself:
I paid for the clean-up myself, inadvance, as I did not have the luxury of waiting - the risk to my martial harmony and that of nanny/grandma, was not something I wanted to risk LOL - plus the goodwill derived by making grandmas ride near perfect, cant be minimized

I will not be living here past March 2012:
This is a leased home, with less than 6 months left on the 18 month lease - we are not going to buy it as we do not need 5600 sq ft of money pit space LOL... so the risk of pissing of myself or them is of little concern to me.... we are not overly friendly with them - my prior interaction with them was to advise them that their to dogs got out of their yard.... the owner of our leased home and I discussed this prior to my contacting them - he also had little interaction with them during his two years in the home... that said, they did come out and advise me/him that they were replacing a portion of their wooden fence with wroght-iron gates, so that makes me a little hopeful that they are reasonable people - I would be happy if they at least split it with me as I know accidents do happen

Thanks to all for your perspectives

Old 11-22-2011, 06:12 PM

621 posts, read 1,333,363 times
$350.00 sounds a litle steep. Usually they can be cleaned up for under $150.00
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: