Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2011, 08:26 AM

1 posts, read 2,166 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I just moved to Dallas a few months ago and I'm still searching for a church home. Before living here, I attended Catholic churches in both Houston and Milwaukee that had gospel choirs and were able to incorporate a little liveliness (and often contemporary gospel) into the order of mass. My grandma's church in New Orleans is the same. Of course, all of them had fantastic pastors and homilies to match.

Traditionally, these churches have had mixed congregations that were predominantly Black, but the pastors have been of many backgrounds and all wonderful. I just want the service and a joyful congregation.

I'm looking for the same thing here in the Dallas-Ft Worth area. I live in the Oak Lawn/Uptown area, but I will travel for the right service. I have been to one gorgeous church out here, but the choir wasn't what I was expecting. It took me 8 months to find this type of church in Milwaukee, and years when I lived in Houston; hopefully I can find one sooner in Dallas because I plan to stay indefinitely!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2014, 01:32 PM

5 posts, read 5,414 times
Hi I know that this is an old post but I'm new to the DFW and catholic as well. Did you ever find this parish?

Old 11-02-2014, 07:49 AM

1 posts, read 1,426 times
I am looking for one as well. So far I've had no luck. If anyone finds or knows of anything please share.

Old 02-03-2015, 08:01 PM

21 posts, read 36,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxy3 View Post
Hi I know that this is an old post but I'm new to the DFW and catholic as well. Did you ever find this parish?
Holy cross catholic church 2926 East Ledbetter in Dallas. So many people from New Orleans there. It's a nice upbeat catholic church. It's kind of far from us now. Did you locate any around dallas?

Old 02-03-2015, 08:04 PM

21 posts, read 36,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonjour214 View Post
I am looking for one as well. So far I've had no luck. If anyone finds or knows of anything please share.
Holy cross catholic church. Great church. It reminds me of back home in New Orleans. Did you find one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: