U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 12:47 PM

244 posts, read 424,291 times

Advertisements

I just recently got a Job working in Downtown Dallas. Currently my commute takes about an hour from the Mesquite area. I am looking into renting an apartment closer to Downtown Dallas. I have a car but would consider taking the DART rail. Are there any good One or Two Bedroom apartments for around $800-$900 I have looked online some, but thought I would reach out here since this seems to be a very good place with knowledgeable people and good advise. Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 12:57 PM

16,092 posts, read 37,718,620 times
A good place for rail is the group of apartments and condos just south of The Village - or maybe you can afford the The Village, not sure what the prices are there..the area of which I speak is between Greenville Avenue and Skillman south of Lover's Lane - DART rail and Katy Trail extension is the southern border. There's a free shuttle to SMU and the DART stations, or you could walk to the Lover's Lane Station. It's a mix of older, renovated and newer complexes. It's in 75206 and close to a lot of things..some of the streets are E. University, Sandhurst, Jason, Danbury, Amesbury, Birchbrook, Milton..

If you would like something more charming and or funky, look for duplexes and fourplexes in the area to the south down to Henderson Avenue - mostly in 75206 buy also check 75214.

Simlarly, there are some renovated smaller complexes on Gaston near Lakewood Shopping Center on the bus line to downtown. Power Properties would be one to look for...there's also a rail station at Baylor Hospital off Gaston.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:42 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,124,746 times
Take a look at the Broadstone Ambrose. Nice Apartments in Deep Ellum, literally connected to the Green Line Dart Station. I have known a couple people who lived there, and they loved it for proximity to Deep Ellum, Downtown, East Dallas, Expo Park, and the ability to take Dart Rail.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:48 PM

16,092 posts, read 37,718,620 times
Didn't know those were in that price range -- we had another poster on here who moved in the Ambrose, cannot think of her name..you can also find some funky spaces in Deep Ellum and Expo Park. It would not be too difficult to walk to work downtown from there but you would have to dodge some crazy drivers. However, the roads in the area between are being redone and a new park created out of the old mess.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:01 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,124,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Didn't know those were in that price range -- we had another poster on here who moved in the Ambrose, cannot think of her name...
Only the small ones. Some dental students I know reside there (actually they may have just moved they are about to move to MA)

Old 12-15-2011, 02:17 PM

I like the look of Broadstone Ambrose they are around the price i was looking to spend. Has anyone lived or looked at these apartments? I like the close proximity to Dart its also very close to my office. I looked at the reviews but i don't know if i can trust them. I will add this one to the list of ones to visit. I was thinking about The Village apartments as well but I hear the Parking is very bad.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:41 PM

350 posts, read 782,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawekeye2011 View Post
I like the look of Broadstone Ambrose they are around the price i was looking to spend. Has anyone lived or looked at these apartments? I like the close proximity to Dart its also very close to my office. I looked at the reviews but i don't know if i can trust them. I will add this one to the list of ones to visit. I was thinking about The Village apartments as well but I hear the Parking is very bad.
I've been inside them, they're pretty nice. Very new. Granite and stainless kitchen, attractively painted on the inside...

Who told you parking in The Village was bad? It's about as easy as it gets. I lived there for two years and parking never crossed my mind.

Old 12-15-2011, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT3x View Post
I've been inside them, they're pretty nice. Very new. Granite and stainless kitchen, attractively painted on the inside...

Who told you parking in The Village was bad? It's about as easy as it gets. I lived there for two years and parking never crossed my mind.

Just read some of the reviews online about security and parking concerns as they have decreased the on site security in recent years 2010-2011. Which apartment did you live in when you stayed at the Village, and how long ago was that? I was looking into some of the newer built ones as well as some of the "older" remodeled ones.

Old 12-16-2011, 11:34 AM

3,771 posts, read 4,334,583 times
Hey, I live in Mesquite and work off Stemmons, barely north of downtown and it only takes an hour when there are many accidents, which seems to be so often...I feel your pain, Hawk. I used to live in The Manor House on Commerce, near Griffin, and personally loved it. It was 15 years ago but I know they've renovated and added a lot of cool features since then. It is all bills paid so that's also a plus. I think the one bedrooms start around maybe 800 now...

There are so many more things to do downtown than there were all those years ago...it's worth a look, I think! Good luck.

Old 12-16-2011, 04:04 PM

1,194 posts, read 3,200,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
Hey, I live in Mesquite and work off Stemmons, barely north of downtown and it only takes an hour when there are many accidents, which seems to be so often...I feel your pain, Hawk. I used to live in The Manor House on Commerce, near Griffin, and personally loved it. It was 15 years ago but I know they've renovated and added a lot of cool features since then. It is all bills paid so that's also a plus. I think the one bedrooms start around maybe 800 now...

There are so many more things to do downtown than there were all those years ago...it's worth a look, I think! Good luck.

I just spoke with the Manor House leasing office today and their prices are higher than $800 for a 1BR. A 500-ish sq.ft. studio is in the high $800's. The 1BR units I have seen lately are closer to $1100. It's still a bargain for Downtown given that all of the bills are paid at this particular property. To the OP, the occupancy rates in central Dallas are extremely high right now. If you're planning to move within the next 60 days, then you need to find something ASAP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or