Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2012, 12:11 PM

11 posts, read 26,456 times

Advertisements

Hi guys, we're seriously thinking of moving up to the DFW area this summer and need some input. I've raked through the threads on here regarding area, schools, shopping, taxes, etc, but would love some local opinions. We're in Austin (Lake Travis area) and have found a builder in some seemingly nice areas that can build a beautiful home for MUCH less up in your neck of the woods, specifically in the Silverleaf neighborhood of Keller, and McCreary Creek Estates in Parker. The facts that DFW shopping/restaurants are awesome and has more family friendly activities have us very interested!

So, which would you say is a better area for us? Our details:
  • Husband works from home, travels monthly, but doesn't mind (too much) a bit of a drive to the airport.
  • Great schools are a must (have boys age 9, 7, and 5)
  • Upscale area, neighborhood kids for our kids to play with, area amenities such as sport complexes, shopping, proximity to marina, close-knit community, and pleasant scenery would all be nice to have (in order of importance.)
  • Any other input on these areas would be greatly appreciated!
I absolutely realize that no area is perfect, and that the chances of getting everything one wants is very low, but I would love to hear what you guys have to say about it! Things often look amazing when you don't know all of the details.

If you have any other recommendations on large lots (meaning larger than 1/3 acre) in nice areas with good schools I'd love to hear about them too. Our budget is $650-750k. We'll be coming back up next weekend to scout around again.

Last edited by tricki_nicki; 01-09-2012 at 12:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2012, 02:44 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,680,128 times
Our needs were similar,we moved here from Greenwich ,Ct and built a brand new house in Prosper.We were looking for rolling hills and trees,large lots,proximity to stores and shopping without living in retail....
I would suggest considering Prosper or Southlake.
Whispering Farms and Whitley Place in Prosper would be a good fit.Both neighborhoods are filling up very quickly with new builds right now.There are some fantastic builders available in both subdivisions.All that information can be viewed in each subdivisions website.Look them up online.We have been thrilled with Prosper ISD.The area we came from had some of the best schools in the country.For a growing district,Prosper has really impressed us.Check out my previous posts for detailed information on Prosper.Good luck with your search!!

http://www.prospertx.gov/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas