Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2012, 01:02 PM

9 posts, read 13,417 times

Advertisements

It's been almost 7 years since I left the north Dallas and Carrollton area. My family has grown a little and it's time to move back to TX. I am familiar with the DFW area somewhat but I'm considering Austin TX as well. I am not looking to live in North Dallas or Carrollton again. I work for myself but husband will be seeking work in culinary industry. He will be using Dart so area we live in needs to be on bus line.

I'm looking to rent a 2 or 3 bedroom house between 900-1000 with a nice size backyard and appliances in a less populated, safe, clean area. My family is over the busy city life and that is a major reason we are moving back to TX. However for husbands work and networking for me we have to be close to the city. I'm looking for the area that is as closest to country living as I can get. I know that's hard to find near Dallas but even just a neighborhood that resembles the quiet slow life will do.

Some things I'm seeking are great schools, great school district, as well as magnet schools. Nature, green, trees (been in the desert to long), friendly people. I've done a little research and so far North Garland seems like the closest to what I'm seeking within my budget.

Wondering what are some other areas that may be good for us?

Any ideas, information, advice, and opionions are welcome. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to this, have a great day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 11:34 AM

44 posts, read 80,487 times
Hmmmm reading your post I would consider living in these areas: Sachse, Wylie, Murphy, Rockwall, Hurst. Checks those places out I think you would like them because the metroplex has grown a lot. Welcome Back

Old 01-19-2012, 12:02 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,672,331 times
Garland or Richardson seem like good matches. The "sense of tranquility" you seek is really hard to define and the only way you will be able to discern that a neighborhood meets your need is to go and look at places. I am sure within most areas there are neighborhoods that will give you the feeling you seek.......

Old 01-19-2012, 06:44 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,678,140 times
If you need Easy access to dart and a location clost to Dallas I would suggest the Canyon creek area of Richardson....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas