Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 05:56 PM

23 posts, read 36,481 times

Advertisements

New Start Veggie Garden

It has very "clean" food and is quite good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2012, 09:14 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,546,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asubram3 View Post
Cosmic Cafe is an option.
Cosmic Cafe was Mrs. Philip T's and my first date . . . about 11 years ago, I guess.

Now three little veg-head kids later, it seems their favorite restaurant is Souper Salad. They ask for that for their birthdays, etc. But be warned -- some SS are pretty good and some are not so.

Our first grader came home from school today with some lettuce they grew in the school garden. The kids in the class were not real fond of it, so we had it for supper.

You can put a pretty decent veggie meal together at Jason's Deli, as well.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:32 AM

2,002 posts, read 4,584,573 times
Bistro B is not vegetarian/vegan but it has several vegetarian options.

A vegetarian friend recommends Cafe Brazil too.

Old 01-21-2012, 07:58 AM

2,169 posts, read 5,171,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by laked3 View Post
New Start Veggie Garden

It has very "clean" food and is quite good.
I did not know about this place. Will have to check it out. Thanks for the tip.

Old 01-26-2012, 05:50 AM

24 posts, read 46,559 times
Allow me to second a previous member's endorsement of Kalachandjis - (Welcome to Kalachandjis - Gourmet Vegetarian Restaurant in Dallas, TX)

It is an excellent vegetarian restaurant (with several vegan options) where they only use unprocessed sugars and non-hydrogenated oils. The food is delicious and creative -- unlike other places I've eaten. No boca burger disks there. It's an all-you-can-eat restaurant (with several more options at dinner-time). I'm not a vegetarian and it's still one of my favorite restaurants.

Also, it is set in the same building as a temple of sorts, so the building has a lot of personality.

I also enjoy Cosmic Cafe, which was brought up earlier.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:09 AM

469 posts, read 886,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngstarr View Post
Allow me to second a previous member's endorsement of Kalachandjis - (Welcome to Kalachandjis - Gourmet Vegetarian Restaurant in Dallas, TX)

It is an excellent vegetarian restaurant (with several vegan options) where they only use unprocessed sugars and non-hydrogenated oils. The food is delicious and creative -- unlike other places I've eaten. No boca burger disks there. It's an all-you-can-eat restaurant (with several more options at dinner-time). I'm not a vegetarian and it's still one of my favorite restaurants.

Also, it is set in the same building as a temple of sorts, so the building has a lot of personality.

I also enjoy Cosmic Cafe, which was brought up earlier.
Krishna Temple
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas