U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2012, 06:08 PM

3 posts, read 4,590 times

Advertisements

I really like 75248, which is basically east of Keller Springs / Tollway and Preston road from Belt Line up to Campbell. There's a ton of condos and apartments there. Has anyone had a good or bad experience with any of them? I LOVE Prestonwood Greens, but they were built in the early 80s and are not energy efficient. That's my beef -- most of what I've heard about energy efficient condos has not been good. Replacing windows, doors, and glass doors is very expensive to do to a condo under 100K. I've heard nothing but bad about almost all the trendy Addison Circle spots, shoddy construction and paper thin walls. I like my rented condo, but before I buy here are there any that have better insulation? I am very hot natured and don't have an issue in winter, I just like keeping the place like a meat locker in summer. I love that I can afford a condo in this zip code but I am blocks away from million dollar mansions. I really love being near restaurant row and all the shopping, and on the good side of Tollway traffic, and especially I love never having to use the parking lot known as 635. It's also strangely enough turning into the North Dallas gayborhood -- I'd have pegged Addison Circle for that. But it's still removed enough from all the drama that came from living a block from the Oak Lawn bars all those years.

They say Texas doesn't have a state income tax, but they are wrong, it's just called "Your Electric Bill."

So, anyone have a good condo that holds its value? That's the other issue. I'm seeing some of the complexes are losing value faster than others. Condos are always the first properties to lose value in a bad market.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 10:05 PM

24,571 posts, read 35,867,325 times
I wouldn't buy a condo outside of a very small area of central Dallas if I were you.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:37 AM

105 posts, read 297,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I wouldn't buy a condo outside of a very small area of central Dallas if I were you.

Why not?

Old 02-02-2012, 02:41 PM

16,092 posts, read 38,092,366 times
Because you will lose money - probably big time...

I would limit a condo purchase to Turtle Creek/Oak Lawn/Uptown/Knox and maybe downtown or 75206 around East University between Greenville and Skillman (good deals on older condos mixed in with newer development). You'd also have to be picky even in those areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas