Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2013, 11:44 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambassador View Post
I can confirm that Plano, specifically the 75024 zip code is very rich with Indians. I know the area around Ohio/Headquarters seems like the epicenter.

The apartment complex Lincoln at Towne Square (not a typo) is a very nice place to live, super friendly people, and every other person seems to be South Asian. I would bet money that was the apartment off of Ohio a previous poster mentioned seeing South Asian children getting off of a school bus.
Not discounting your observations of Lincoln at Towne Square, but the bus was a Plano ISD bus and it was further south on Ohio, more in the vicinity of Legacy or Spring Creek. Sorry I can't remember the exact name or location.

Much of Plano from McDermott north is actually in the Frisco ISD. I had a workmate that lived in those very apartments and their child went to a Frisco ISD elementary if I am not mistaken. In fact I am positive as they bought a house in Westgate in the McKinney city limits because it is in the portion of McKinney served by the Frisco ISD. Of course it was a different school there but they purposefully limited their search to Frisco schools.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 11:52 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,022,573 times
All the apartments in valley ranch feeding into Coppell isd, have lot of Indians. If you are looking for elementary schools, you can try apartments feeding into cfbisd as well (la villata and las colinas elem). Try checking in any apartment locator website / google by using zip codes 75038/75063 for names. You can actually contact some apartment locator service and get moving help as a bonus. Camden and Santa rosa apartments split feed into coppell isd and cfb isd.

Old 08-02-2013, 12:28 AM

184 posts, read 551,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Not discounting your observations of Lincoln at Towne Square, but the bus was a Plano ISD bus and it was further south on Ohio, more in the vicinity of Legacy or Spring Creek. Sorry I can't remember the exact name or location.

Much of Plano from McDermott north is actually in the Frisco ISD. I had a workmate that lived in those very apartments and their child went to a Frisco ISD elementary if I am not mistaken. In fact I am positive as they bought a house in Westgate in the McKinney city limits because it is in the portion of McKinney served by the Frisco ISD. Of course it was a different school there but they purposefully limited their search to Frisco schools.
Ok, Lincoln at Towne Square is on Ohio/Headquarters which is just one block up from Legacy. Not that far south is it? Certainly not so far that an entire multi paragraph response was warranted. Sorry I'm not familiar with the Plano and Frisco ISD boundaries down to the street.

Doesn't change the rest of my post, however. That entire area is full of South Asians...regardless if they are going to Plano or Frisco schools. If they live on this side of Ohio or that side.

Old 08-02-2013, 06:53 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,728,228 times
Quote:
Ok, Lincoln at Towne Square is on Ohio/Headquarters which is just one block up from Legacy. Not that far south is it? Certainly not so far that an entire multi paragraph response was warranted. Sorry I'm not familiar with the Plano and Frisco ISD boundaries down to the street.

Doesn't change the rest of my post, however. That entire area is full of South Asians...regardless if they are going to Plano or Frisco schools. If they live on this side of Ohio or that side.
Yep. Ever visit Russell Creek Park on a evening or weekend? I'm not kidding when I say well over 80% of the 200-300 people there are South Asian in traditional dress.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:00 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,853,346 times
Quote:

This forum is to give information. I said I wasn't discounting your info but you referenced my previous post so thought I would clarify. Yes, it is in the same general area of course, but the ISD does change and for some that will be a huge deal.

You will enjoy your time here on CD much more if you don't look for an insult when none was given or intended. Other posters will appreciate your insights more if you can keep the reprimands to a minimum as well.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:51 AM

794 posts, read 1,670,046 times
I've heard that Skaggs Elem in Plano, Kerr Elem in Allen & Riddley Elem in Frisco are more than 50% South Asians? Is it true?

Old 12-02-2016, 05:03 AM

1 posts, read 3,219 times
Hi All, We are Indian family recently located to Houston, TX. We are moving to Dallas. My office will be at 5465 Legacy Dr, Plano, TX. Need help with below

1) Apartments with Indian communities (close to Legacy Dr area)
2) Need schooling information for my 6 year old kid.
3) Indian groceries in and around that area

[mod cut]

Last edited by Acntx; 12-02-2016 at 11:19 AM.. Reason: Removed personal email address
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: