Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 07:07 AM

328 posts, read 568,949 times

Advertisements

Hey all..
I only had about an hour to explore Rockwall and had some questions...
I looked at the Presby Hospital...Looks really nice....
I stopped by the Harbor..nothing was open yet as it was early morning but it looks nice..Not that many shops but still a nice place to hang out by the water..
I hated that I-30 was so close and that you can hear the traffic noise..although that may not be the case when the shops are open and they have music going, etc...Like I said, it wasn't open so it was really quiet aside from the traffic noise. The Hilton looks like a great location to stay in warmer months.
There is a housing addition to the front of the hospital...those houses seem unkept....to the rear of the hospital the houses look better kept.
I found some other houses that are lakefront that I would be glad to own..They were GORGEOUS...(out of my price range though..).
I checked out the Mansions apts...which looked nice..and
Rockwall commons...which surprised me that they are not gated or anything.
I think those are the 2 main apartment complexes??? Any others worth checking out?
I don't think I got a feel of the main area of Rockwall?? I am going to try to go back another day when I have more time.
What areas in Rockwall do I need to look at? Where do people shop, spend their free time, dine, etc...? Looking for the "hub"..Thanks for any info...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 08:04 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,616,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livnluv View Post
Hey all..
I only had about an hour to explore Rockwall and had some questions...
I looked at the Presby Hospital...Looks really nice....
I stopped by the Harbor..nothing was open yet as it was early morning but it looks nice..Not that many shops but still a nice place to hang out by the water..
I hated that I-30 was so close and that you can hear the traffic noise..although that may not be the case when the shops are open and they have music going, etc...Like I said, it wasn't open so it was really quiet aside from the traffic noise. The Hilton looks like a great location to stay in warmer months.
There is a housing addition to the front of the hospital...those houses seem unkept....to the rear of the hospital the houses look better kept.
I found some other houses that are lakefront that I would be glad to own..They were GORGEOUS...(out of my price range though..).
I checked out the Mansions apts...which looked nice..and
Rockwall commons...which surprised me that they are not gated or anything.
I think those are the 2 main apartment complexes??? Any others worth checking out?
I don't think I got a feel of the main area of Rockwall?? I am going to try to go back another day when I have more time.
What areas in Rockwall do I need to look at? Where do people shop, spend their free time, dine, etc...? Looking for the "hub"..Thanks for any info...
Don't know much about apartments but there are several along Yellowjacket Lane between Ridge Road and Hwy. 205.

Shopping? Did you see the HUGE amount of new retail on the south side of I-30 between the two above roadways? Plus the Harbor? Most of this is less than 5 years old. If anyone really needs more it's not that far to Dallas.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:46 AM

No I didn't see much retail...but I guess I wasn't really looking either, and I don't need much anyways....I didn't have much time and was trying to see more of the neighborhoods/apts/general feel of the town..Thanks though..I will check it out more when I go back..

Old 02-06-2012, 08:50 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,483,372 times
Go just a bit farther east along I-30 and you will see a heap of retail on the south side as mentioned above. I drive to Costco a couple of times a month...there is pretty much everything you will need along this area.

Old 02-06-2012, 08:55 AM

Thanks Pepper....
Also I just found this link for neighborhood info...As I suspected, there is a lot of Rockwall I didn't get to see...

| Rockwall Neighborhoods

Old 02-06-2012, 09:28 AM

764 posts, read 1,657,345 times
Not sure if Rockwall really has a "hub" beside the stretch along I-30? Main Area of Rockwall? There's a smallish downtown (courthouse etc), but I don't believe it's a Main Area or Hub.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:46 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,533,345 times
The original city of Rockwall- the old time square is North of Hwy 30 off 205 & Golaid. More charming area I believe. Most retail shopping for Rockwall is between Ridge Rd and 205.

My daughter worked at the Mansion in Rockwall- she worked in the Adult living complex. As you could see there was two the first complex you come upon to the left is the family complex- the second set of complex is the adult living complex. It was a nice place to work- however it was kind of out further then she needed to travel. Getting out of school and driving out there just took to much time. Plus traffic at 205 & 30 is horriable no matter what time of day.

The Habor is nice- I have been there many times. Sad thing is stores come and go constantly. It has always been half empty when I have been there. I hope once this stinking recession ends things will change. I know of one retail owners that had her little clothing store there two years ago- she claimed the rent was extremely high- they have it low to get you in there then raise it. Not sure how that worked but that is what she said. She had to close shop within her first year there.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:45 AM

Yes I noticed Mansions was out a little ways...I'm surprised they don't have more nice apartment complexes?? Especially closer to the lake, etc..

Old 02-06-2012, 11:09 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,258,757 times
You mentioned that you saw The Commons. It's a very nice apt. complex. There's no need for it to be gated, it's a very safe area. If someone wants in, they'll find a way anyway. Some clients stayed there recently and I had a chance to visit the interior. Nice finish out.

There is a neighborhood closer to the lake with condos and many for rent down in Heath close to Chandler's Landing called Signal Ridge. Those are gated if that is important to you.

Naima

Old 02-06-2012, 05:18 PM

11,856 posts, read 26,881,949 times
Downtown Rockwall has a bunch of cute shops and several good restaurants. There's also a winery just north of town, too. My parents live outside of Rockwall and they really love the town. You don't need a gated apartment here; Rockwall has very low crime and there's no need for a gate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas