Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 07:02 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,392,947 times

Advertisements

There may be an Uno's in Ft. Worth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 07:15 PM

160 posts, read 198,202 times
Oh, bliss.

I do like barbecue, Tex-Mex, and chicken-fried steak. But I have been long away from the pizza of my childhood.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:19 PM

117 posts, read 248,148 times
Default Thanks for all the comments

Pepper131, thanks, we will look at the demographics, it is always a little scary when you are starting and even more when doing it in another state. We looked at some of the menus and prices from the other pizzerias that carry Chicago style pizzas. We have a very good product and we think that if people just try it, they will like it. But I really appreciate all the comments because it makes us research more. I know that there is a lot of people from the midwest in the DFW area so only time will tell. But please keep the comments coming we need all the help we can get. The question is if we want to open more in the Chicago suburbs or in the DFW suburbs. Most of the 20 restaurants here are located in the suburbs and they are doing really good. We will continue to pray for guidance and help.
thanks

Old 02-09-2012, 11:53 AM

19 posts, read 21,337 times
As a a further consideration to opening a Chicago style pizza restaurant, there are Rosati's beginning to pop up in various suburban locations in DFW. While they aren't Lou Malnati's, they do offer some decent chicago style pies. It appears you may have some competition.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:09 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,459,776 times
There's some pizza place with Chicago in it's name up in North Plano. Don't know the market, but did notice a little while back 2 pizza places (Pizza Hut? & Pizza Inn?) next to each other in a suburban corner in South Frisco.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar1963 View Post
As a a further consideration to opening a Chicago style pizza restaurant, there are Rosati's beginning to pop up in various suburban locations in DFW. While they aren't Lou Malnati's, they do offer some decent chicago style pies. It appears you may have some competition.
Thanks, yea, Rosati's are really not competition to our restaurants, not trying to put down anybody or any other business, but when we get there this spring, we are going to try some of the other restaurants that carry Chicago style pizza. Now, Rosati opening at different locations means that the market is there.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:55 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,645,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar1963 View Post
Really, there are Rosati's opening up? Cool! And vinmar's DH's place soon as well. Even better.

Now, if I can just find some good inexpensive gyros, I'll feel a lot better about being down here.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:58 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,645,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggolf View Post
Bring it! I love the deep dish pizzas.

But I also love the New Jersey pizzas where you pick up a slice and it just flops over because of the oil. NY pizzas are similar (sorry if I offended someone there).

And I'd love to get some NJ bagels. They say the water there just makes them better? All I know is my ex-wife and I would come down from Boston to NJ to visit her parents and take about 2 dozen bagels back home.

Anything like that here in DFW?

Don't get me started about Philly Cheese Steaks.

You can tell I spent a LOT of time on the east coast.
Question - you were in Chicago, yes? What were your thoughts about the cheesesteaks from Philly's Best there (assuming you ever went to one of their locations)?

I have yet to have a cheesesteak in philly but some weekend soon I'll go on a "cheesesteak run" and go there and back. And another question - where are some of the best places in Philly, preferably ones that AREN'T giant tourist traps.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post
Really, there are Rosati's opening up? Cool! And vinmar's DH's place soon as well. Even better.

Now, if I can just find some good inexpensive gyros, I'll feel a lot better about being down here.
It made smile when I read that it will make you feel a lot better about being down there in Texas.
I was there for 6 months the longets time ever in the FDW area. I lived in El paso when I was younger and went to school there, but I lived in Chicago for a long time now and living in Tx it's just very different. Don't get me wrong I love TX and the weather and I like Country music and boots but it is just a choking adjustment.
I guess for me, it has to do because off the big difference in my job, because the workman's comp laws are totally opposite in IL and Tx. and it was very frustating for me not to work my cases as fast as we do in IL.
Like I said before, I have a daugther that teaches in Dallas and wants to stay there and she keeps on telling me that I did not gave it a chance the last time.
My other kids are still in school and the one in HS does not have a girl friend yet, so it is still easy for us to make the move now. If we open the restaurant, I will no choice but to stay put. I just keep on dreaming of a nice house with a large kitchen and larger family room and a huge yard with a pool and trees where we can spend time with all my children and invite my brother and his family over and maybe some new friends :}
In the mean time we will continue to tray for guidance.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:57 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,500,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by synchronicity View Post

I love gyros too and DFW is not a great "town" for them, but I've been doing my best to sample all the options.

Although it doesn't quite scratch the gyro itch, I find the shawarma pita wrap sandwiches are abundant around here (tons of mid-eastern restaurants) and usually higher quality, meatier, and more filling than local gyro offerings.

There is a place with a cheap gyro on Plano Rd/Beltline. Called Yum Yum Greek. I liked it a bit better than Shishkabob's on Coit/Spring Valley but neither is outstanding.

Another suggestion is to try the gringo tacos at the new place on 75 service rd/Floyd called Taco Republic. I had the El Greko (mini gyro on flour tortilla for $3.50 I think) and the Game Day (fried chicken with shaved carrots, buffalo sauce, and bleu cheese flavored crema on a corn tortilla). Both were really good but they could step it up a big notch with house-made tortillas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas