Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 08:59 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times

Advertisements

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2012/02/07/d...-rail-station/

what is going on lately....
is that a bad area of Richardson?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 09:59 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Violent crime is very rare in Richardson.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:32 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,433,841 times
The morning news website has more details. Apparently one of the shot bystanders also died. The criminal involved tried to board without a ticket or pass. When asked to leave he refused. The driver signaled the police officer who came over, and the man then fled. When pursued, he opened fire, shooting that officer, and in the exchange (not yet known how) 2 others were injured, he then barricaded himself inside a business, the injured officer, although shot herself - stopped to assist the injured men, and other police were called in. From and in the warehouse he still fired at police. Eventually during the firefight he was killed. Enough shots were fired, that they do not even yet know which officer killed him.

That isn't a bad part of town or anything. Sounds like a lone crazy to me. How tragic for all concerned.

Old 02-07-2012, 11:38 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,835,591 times
Oh when something like this happen in Richardson is a lone crazy

Old 02-07-2012, 11:44 PM

1,245 posts, read 3,433,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
No when a nut hops a bus without a ticket, and when caught starts a running firefight with cops that takes over 20 cars called in to stop, it is a lone crazy. In Richardson, East Dallas, Plano, Fort Worth OR West Dallas, South Dallas, South Oak Cliff or Pleasant Grove. This isn't a bank robbery, gas station holdup, home invasion where some parts of town simply do have more than others. This isn't a crime for profit. This is a lone crazy, no matter where it happened. In ADDITION to that, I answered the OP's question that this isn't a bad part of town.

I'm not know for boosting the suburbs and running down the cities on this board, ask around.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:41 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Um this WAS a lone crazy person. I live near Belt Line and 75, not all that far from that DART station (probably no more than a couple of miles) and I can say honestly that violent crime is very rare in Richardson, particularly shootings. Most crimes here involve properties, i.e. robbery, burglary, vandalism, etc. and even then, those crime rates are low.

I am not more nervous today than I was yesterday prior to the shooting. I don't feel it's part of a trend at all.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:39 AM

2,206 posts, read 4,745,469 times
We will have to see. Feeling safe means you are complacent. There is no excuse not to have your head on a swivel in public places. I don' think its a trend. It just is.

I walked in a robbery that was about to start at gas station just south of there a few years ago and the robbers and I had a staring match until they left. Had I been in my own world, then who knows.

The officer on the scene was a female DART officer, not Richardson PD. It will be interesting to see the video of the initial shootout once its released to see if the officer even got her gun out. The articles say she did first aid on a victim rather than pursued the suspect. She was only trimmed and was still able to fight yet did not. The area to the East of the station is all hotels, shops, and condos. Could have been worse. I wonder which way he ran.

Richardson PD learned a lot of lessons after the 2004 Shootout and the officers are much better trained and armed.

The 2004 event started in the same general area. Here is the one from 2004. This one continued for some time and the perps got away after Richardson PD realized they were outgunned and called of the chase to prevent people from getting hurt.

Richardson, TX Police Shootout - YouTube

Old 02-08-2012, 07:48 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,492,577 times
What a sad waste of life.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:30 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,611,625 times
Quote:
Why in the world would anyone suggest that IT'S not?

Old 02-08-2012, 09:08 AM

350 posts, read 867,413 times
I hate how people will now turn this into a DART safety issue. When someone is willing to shoot at cops, what could you possibly do? It sounds like DART police were able to respond extremely quickly when he was making a scene on the bus, but he was just a nut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas