Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 11:40 AM

3,820 posts, read 8,745,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzstyle00 View Post
Well i pay taxes too so your tax money is not better then the rest of our tax money and my kid is not loosing time like you assume.all his tardys dont add up more then 20 minutes its just been a minute or 2 he's been late everytme the most and thats due to us sharing vehicles. But again i didnt know his would be such a serious issue especially for pre k . I came here for advice not to get chewed up on by your arrogance . But i do appreciate your second line which offers help.

95% of the parents I know have their kids at school at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the day. NOT at the start of the day.

The other 5%, interestingly, seem to all have children who struggle with school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2012, 11:45 AM

3,820 posts, read 8,745,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compSciGuy View Post
Frisco ISD:

Hmm, the wording is noticeably different than Plano ISD ... I'll see how my daughter deals with school next year, although I am tempted to move her:

It is a big problem at the MS and HS levels. The JP that handles the truancy cases for PISD has a huge backlog.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:10 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,854,747 times
I know that when I was a teacher and had students who were always late/absent to class, one tactic I tried was calling them when I got to school--usually before 7AM many times...
was supposed to be on campus by 745...

rarely worked because they just started turning off the phone

you would be surprised though--some families don't own an alarm clock--
fragmented lives, parents doing shift work or working two jobs--kids who have no inculcated sense of time...

tried an experiement once in my class--
had students put their heads down on desks with hands over their heads--so they could not see their watches if they had any...
told them we were going to time 2 minutes--
total silence--no talking--had them raise their hands when they thought we reached the 2 min limit--
most of them had their hands in the air long before the time limit--some of them after only 30 seconds or so...
no sense of time....
I am one of those people who have a good natural clock--can usually think when I want to wake up and I will do so...or tell the time of day w/o having to really check a watch...
now kids don't use watches for time (maybe for bling)--they track time with their phone displays...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: